Mistakes were made please help me

cadidave

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
All I want to do is get my computer back to how it was when I first got it. I tried downgrading from windows 10 and I regret even thinking I could. I just really want to get it back to how it was before I messed with anything.

I have an Asus x555ub-nh51

UPDATE: I did a complete reset and it did absolutely nothing.

UPDATE 2: I called Asus and they said since the drivers aren't compatible with windows 8 that's why I'm having problems, so if I upgrade back to windows 10 and install the drivers I should be fine.

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello!

Reinstal your Windows :)
Its not the fastest way to solve the problem but you will clean your problems for sure. I did that with my computer before alot of time :)
Is it a problem for you to do that? How can i help you more?

p.s. You may open "Turn back time on your PC" on your WIndows. You can find System Restore in the Accessories folder under System Tools.

Regards,
GeRgY

cadidave

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015

That's not the problem. I downgraded from windows 10 to 8 and when I did that all I had left was a shell of windows 8 with no drivers installed.

EDIT: I'm resetting it completely although I don't know if it's a factory reset? I held shift when I hit reset and it brought me to the menu and I selected reset so I'm assuming it is?

Factory reset procedures varies by brand and computer model. If those are Asus' instructions, then that should reinstall Windows 8 back to default settings. Save any important files on the C: drive first, because this procedure will erase everything on the C: drive.

cadidave

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015

I don't have any instructions it didn't come with any and it came with windows 10 not 8 I tried to downgrade to 8.

The only way to downgrade to Windows 8 would be to buy the Windows 8 OS. I think it generally sells for around $100 - $125. At that point you can then install the Windows 8 drivers that Asus has for that specific laptop model.

If Asus (or any brand) does not have Windows 8 drivers for that specific model, then you will not be able to downgrade.

cadidave

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015

Yeah my particular model isn't compatible with windows 8 so I just upgraded back to 10 and it's working fine. I thought I would have to do a reset for it to be working but turns out I didn't.