Question mobile data

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
a moderator told me to post here as i had put my question in the wrong section.

Today i discovered that both of my samsung a13 smart phones and my samsung tablet would not connect to my hub so i phoned the helpdesk. I had not noticed that even though all 3 had wi-fi on they were no longer connected to my hub , something had turned it off on all 3 devices. ????
I mentioned to the call center person that whilst i was trying to figure out what was wrong i had tried to get on the internet using the mobile data setting but it did not work. The guy said it wont work if your not near a .......
So my problem is i cant remember what he said i need to be near to.
FOOTNOTE .... what i cant figure out is what turned off the wi fi on all 3 devices

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
i have 2 samsung a13 smartphones , a samsung tablet , a laptop and 2 pc , all are working now through my hub but when i tried to google my problem i turned on my mobile data tab and it would not conect to anything.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
i have 2 samsung a13 smartphones , a samsung tablet , a laptop and 2 pc , all are working now through my hub but when i tried to google my problem i turned on my mobile data tab and it would not conect to anything.
I realize this isn't your phone, but do you mean something like this?

Seems that would disconnect you from connecting to your wireless carrier itself. This implies that your A13s are not fully connected to your wireless network.

Have you restarted any of these devices, including your hub, recently?

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
i rebooted my hub but the whole point of using mobile data is for when you are away from home so before i discovered my phone to hub settings had some how got turned off i should have been able to get on the internet using the mobile data tab on the phone.

Just tried through the settings cog and the mobile data icon on the pull down screen and can get on internet using either method

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
i rebooted my hub but the whole point of using mobile data is for when you are away from home so before i discovered my phone to hub settings had some how got turned off i should have been able to get on the internet using the mobile data tab on the phone.
Understood, unless there was some issue connecting to the nearest cell tower. Can the phone still place calls properly?

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
i am just wondering if the phones have never been set up for mobile data because this is the first time i have tried to use it and all sorts of things are greyed out i think i will have to visit my local shop

had lots of updates in last few days on both phones and the tablet , i think something messed up

COLGeek

Cybernaut
i am just wondering if the phones have never been set up for mobile data because this is the first time i have tried to use it and all sorts of things are greyed out i think i will have to visit my local shop
Not sure about that. Not something I would typically turn on/off beyond the normal default setting. I suspect airplane mode would disable temporarily.

Please share whatever you learn about this.

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
me and wife have same phone but hers is ok , a very big thank you to you for your time and patience for trying to help me , i will let you know of the eventual outcome as it may help others ...... clicked the wrong tab .... its not sorted yet so keep looking

MJS WARLORD

Honorable
Jul 3, 2016
Hello to you COLGeek a very big thank you from me and my wife , this is the update you asked for.

The samsung firmware update stopped my 2 phone and tablet from talking to my bt home hub , i sorted that , then i found i could not use mobile data when i was trying to find out what was wrong , it turned out that the update had altered some other internal settings and one of them was parental control so i could not surf using the mobile data section, i had to contact my phone provider as it would not except the pin number to unlock parental control , the call centre unlocked everything and am pleased to report all is good now on all 3 devices ..... one thing i did notice is that samsung seem to be doing a lot of updates , maybe they are trying to undo things that an update messed up.

As you are a moderator please lock the thread to end our discussion as i dont know how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.