Mobile Lost & Found: Where Do Most People Lose Their Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I agree with bars.. I use to work at a bar and it's amazing how many phones we had after a friday and saturday night.

Gigahertz20

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I've been through about 5 cell phone upgrades but I haven't lost or broke a cell phone yet. I've dropped them a few times onto floors/concrete but no significant damage has ever happened. Good case and screen protectors help alot.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I've never lost or broken a phone. How people are so careless is beyond me. However, I too worked at a bar and we found, on average, 3 phones a night on Friday and Saturday.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I'm really curious what the distribution on that average is though. Because it seems like *most* people never actually lose their phones. But I have some friends who lose their phones something like monthly.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
It's amazing that we need study to learn it's more likely to lose your phone in a bar.

Common sense can be useful.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]cherideng[/nom]on average, a adaptable buzz was absent every 3.5 seconds. Added than 9 actor humans went through that gut-wrenching acquaintance of acumen they larboard their buzz in a cab, at a bar (including one iPhone 4 prototype), on the plane, or at an ex-girlfriend’s house…the account goes on and on. Adaptable aegis aggregation Lookout Adaptable crunched the numbers and projected that in 2012, the amount of absent phones will absolute an amazing $30 billion.[/citation]
WTF?!!!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
"We're sorry that you lost your phone. However, since you did not purchase insurance, we will not activate your lost phone's GPS tracking system and assist you. Please buy another phone and make sure to purchase our rip-off insurance."

That was what our carrier provider told us. I wish I still had their letter that they sent us.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
The total cost of stolen or misplaced phones in the U."S. could be about $30 billion this year."

That averages to 82Million a day.

"On Christmas alone, $11 million dollars in smartphone"

Hmmm, so Christmas is much LESS likely time to loose a phone?
So much for Reporters and Math; as usual :)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Who are these people losing their phones? I only know of a couple of people that have ever lost a phone. The vast majority of people I know haven't. I've had ~7 phones now and haven't lost one, my wife hasn't, my parents haven't, my siblings haven't, etc. There must be some idiots out there skewing the numbers. Maybe teens lose their phones a lot? When I was a teenager (mid 90s) I had to buy my own so I sure as hell wasn't going to lose it.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Wait a second. These stats are for people that have software installed specifically to find their phones. Statistically, these people are probably more likely to lose their phones. They may also use the service just test it out or to find it when it fell in the couch, etc (where a normal person would have found it after a few minutes of looking). I'd bet that the loss rate is at most 1/2 of those stats.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]kittle[/nom]I wonder what an age/gender breakdown of that list would look like[/citation]
Most likely 18-25 will have the highest number. I would say females, because when they go out to get drunk, they probably don't have pockets. I was waiting for my friend who is a club manager, and when it was around 2:30AM in an emptied out club... they turned the lights on and I swear there were at least 10 phones scattered on the floor.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I would like some statistics about how many of those are found later.... imo now with gps devices and such it's easy to track. Actually last year someone stole my smartphone and I helped the police to track it. I gave them the gps coordinates and they found it along with about another 100 stolen cell phones :O

jaisal

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
you can report your lost mobile here www.searchlostmobile.com this will update your record worldwide and if someone want to sell this theft mobile dealer can inform the police and also always check search record here before buy used second hand mobile phone here is big database of lost stolen mobile phones

B R

jaisal

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
you can report your lost mobile here www.searchlostmobile.com this will update your record worldwide and if someone want to sell this theft mobile dealer can inform the police and also always check search record here before buy used second hand mobile phone here is big database of lost stolen mobile phones

B R

Status
Not open for further replies.