Mod Brings Old-School Windows XP to Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
There may be some copy-write issues with this one.............

The use of the word may is a form of sarcasm. This line has been added to assist stupid people in the experience of life.

G

I believe this has already been removed (copyright?) as the link is dead and a search doesn't bring it up.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Can you bring back Windows 3.11? Becuz u know... it pwnz Windows 95 and Bring back CDos prompt becuz.. I like seeing C:\dos\run

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
yeah not loveing the sound idea,hate it most. only thing I hate more is the stupid windows XP wallpaper. first things to go togather with that imbecile theme, always went with windows classic.

G

I still run XP, hate , windows 7. The file manager and start menu in windows 7 stuck, I try using Q-Dir and FreeCommander but they crash constantly under windows 7. Since lots of my software will need new licenses to run properly on 64 bit windows I am not going to upgrade just for the ability to use more ram. I run Windows XP and Linux

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]crazypcman[/nom]I still run XP, hate , windows 7. The file manager and start menu in windows 7 stuck, I try using Q-Dir and FreeCommander but they crash constantly under windows 7. Since lots of my software will need new licenses to run properly on 64 bit windows I am not going to upgrade just for the ability to use more ram. I run Windows XP and Linux[/citation]

i have win 7 64bit and i don't realy have a problem with compatibility so far.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Windows XP is an iconic OS and will go down as one of the best OSes ever made by Microsoft. I mean it's almost 11 years later after its launch and people are still using XP. Windows XP has been soo good that many people went back to Windows XP after the flawed Windows Vista debuted. Not to mention Microsoft turned to back Windows XP fonr inspiration when the developed Windows 7. So people that knock XP now don't realize the standard that it set for future MS OSes going foward.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
[citation][nom]crazypcman[/nom]I still run XP, hate , windows 7. The file manager and start menu in windows 7 stuck, I try using Q-Dir and FreeCommander but they crash constantly under windows 7. Since lots of my software will need new licenses to run properly on 64 bit windows I am not going to upgrade just for the ability to use more ram. I run Windows XP and Linux[/citation]

I agree totally about the Win7 start menu sucking bad. You can't even put folders in it to group apps. I have 50+ apps I need quick access to and it's not helpful to have this tinker-toy looking start menu.

Win8 is so laughable from my point of view. My start menu is my shrine and the way I quickly access dozens of apps. To go back to some big start screen is soooo stupid and slow, never going to happen for me.

heh heh

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Most of my computers were designed for windows xp, and they run just fine micro$$$$.
If I must move up in time, linux mint looks pretty good.

eatmeimadanish

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
This is an awesome waste of time. It's like porting beos over to an IPAD so you can run amiga mods... Also, why not just start with windows version 1, heck Microsoft just ported that, and called it Windows 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.