Modern Warfare 2 DLC for PS3, PC Gets Dated

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
No after playing the free weekend on steam... its not worth it ill put that 15 dollars toward the Battlefield 1943 PC game

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
The only way that I am going to get this DLC is if Activision completely comes around and makes it free for the PC version like they did with the Modern Warfare 1 DLC. Given how greedy they have been getting over the last couple years, I would be unbelievably shocked if they did.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Well, if they would have had dedicated servers for online play, I might have purchased it. But, since they don't provide dedicated servers for the PC version, which basically allows people to cheat to their hearts content, nope.

BF:BC2 is SO much better.

blackbyron

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
$15 for just 3 maps and plus remake? Just buy Battlefield 2 instead, even though its old. It cost $5 less than DLC maps.

bdonedge

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
I'm genuinely surprised right now. They are taking advantage of the market right now, and to be honest I will not be purchasing another game from Infinity Ward.

Full-Metal

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I'd rather pay £100 to stop the dam hackers that we have on every single server! And god dam get this game hosted by servers already!!! Punk-buster can then be implemented! and we can get the clans back gaming.. Not much wrong with this game is there...

Full-Metal

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I'd rather pay £100 to stop the dam hackers that we have on every single server! And god dam get this game hosted by servers already!!! Punk-buster can then be implemented! and we can get the clans back gaming.. Not much wrong with this game is there...

livinindaghetto

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
The game is far too unstable when working with 5 or 6 person parties trying to queue up for games against others on the internet. We spend about an hour last night trying to play with one of my buddies who didn't have it to take advantage of the free weekend, but probably only got 15 minutes of actual playing time because of disconnects, connection bugs, party seperation, etc.

G

ulysses35, how can you say pc gaming is dying when consoles cant keep up with the graphics that are produced by them, the market is gearing toward console people when they will buy anything and believe anything

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ulysses35[/nom]If everyone wants dedicated servers then IW would have to charge an online gaming fee... PC gaming is dying[/citation]

PC gaming is dying? That's why consoles are becoming more and more like PCs with each generation? That's why SEGA said PC gaming is the way to go essentially?

You are a fail contard.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]BF:BC2 just killed MW2 on the PC.WM2 is worthless, no dedicated.[/citation]

Right, i'm so sick of the new way they are doing things. Can't tell you how many times I play a game, someone is hacking, so I leave, hoping to go into a different server, and it puts me back in the same one!! I miss dedicated server list. It's there way of taking away our freedom of choice.

[citation][nom]ulysses35[/nom]If everyone wants dedicated servers then IW would have to charge an online gaming fee... PC gaming is dying[/citation]

Pc gaming is not dying, it's growing. Still orders of magnitude better then consoles, and sales are going up not down. I know more and more people who are playing pc also. Most of my friends are getting sick of consoles and switching.

What developers need to do:

1.Stop trying to push the consoles
2. stop releasing pc updates later than consoles (GTAIV)
3. Start using pc resources instead of tailoring everything to the consoles. EX. PORTS- STOP PORTING. and start using pc resources to run physx so it is actually used for more then eyecandy.
4. Stop copying game design, like auto log in to servers and crap like that.
5. Stop crippling pc code with stupid drm and 50 different copy protection schemes. Seriously, It isn't helping it's only making things much worse. You can't beat hackers. There are just to many of them. So stop punishing people who actually pay for there pc games.
6. Stop hiding pc gaming- Every store has a console setup, accessories all over the place, craploads of games, and commercials everywhere. Pc's have 4 generation old hardware on storeshelves, 10 games on a shelf hidden away from console games, no way to try them out with a pc, and never any commercials anywhere accept on dedicated gaming shows.

I truly believe that pc gaming is being held back because of these reasons.

Rant over. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS