Modern Warfare 2 Selling Like Hotcakes

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]well you want to know why its like that its because them and microsoft are but buddies. oh and to prove what i said is true take into account the article regarding the canncelation of 1 million xbox live subscribers http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=16812 .and also im glad i have a ps3 cause i know they wont be little bitches in regard to the regulation of their online service. unlike you xbox bitches.[/citation]

Um... speaking of bitches... I bought it for the PS3... lol.

I'm glad Microsoft regulates their service. It leads to a higher standard, a standard which the PS3 can't even come close to matching. The integration between the Xbox Service and the actual game is seamless for all games as is REQUIRED by Microsoft whereas Sony lets the devs do whatever they want.

Like I said, as an owner of both systems I would GLADLY pay $50 to have Xbox Live on my Playstation. Playstation Network sucks.

G

I still prefer Crysis and its story as it is sci fi and the graphics are far superior for a two year old game. That game may not be as fluid as COD or as fast and as fun in multiplayer but its significance with hardocre PC builders and system testors is far beyond the sales aspect of Call of Duty... Crysis is still the bench game to beat, COD is the game to beat in terms of sales, I guess they both have their different benchmarks... so basically the mass market loves MW2, they also love fast food and coke evemn though its not the best thing for your health.... a tastful game like Crysis is better enjoyed by those that know quality.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
And all of these PC gamers thought that they mattered too Activision....Ha!, please they got more money then anyone else gets in a month, in one day!

PS: unlike everyone else here....I prefer the PSN over Xbox Live (I do have both...but i just let my live run out the other day because too me it wasn't worth the extra cash)....So I have too wait one more day to play MP online....I put the time too good use beating the game on Veteran (beat it the first time on regular). Also, ok so PSN lets the devs do wat they want....isn't that the point of how business in the US? ....

But hey, it was honestly a great game and all those PC players that are "boycotting" the game...well that is your choice, I recommend you go out and buy the game too play it but eh, your lost.

PS: How stupid are some of the PC players?! Not all keep in mind, but some of you said that You did not buy it for the PC because they screwed you, but instead bought it for the Xbox/PS3....how dumb is that (especially since your not ok with how its set up on one system but your ok with the exact same thing on the other???...duh)....But either way they got your money so you have failed your attempted (O so you say they could have made more? read the first thing I wrote.....)

claudeb

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I got this thing for my xbox and its awesome. I do understand the anger of the PC gamers. This game is still sick though.

The matching making is buggy on the xbox. has anyone else noticed that? It has a hard time of getting full parties of 6 or 9 in games.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
[citation][nom]cielmerlion[/nom]It actually has very frustrating multi player. Stick to COD4.[/citation]
Are the graphics about the same as COD4? Basically new scenes using the same engine? (for the PC version).

adillhoff

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
It's such a casual gamer's game. CoD moves slow and plays like shit. The easier the game is, the more it sells (WoW, CoD, Nintendo shit). Cater to the casuals. Players cry and quit games that are hard. I hope all the console kiddies enjoy this joke of an FPS on their outdated consoles. I guess bad graphics, terrible controls, and limited customization are considered awesome.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dissapointed09[/nom]This is evil. Especially that bs about the donating to veterans charities mess. Looks like most people are just dumb, docile consumers afterall. The only hope we have left against this crap is some kind of soccer mom outrage about the controversial scenes that little billy has to watch everytime he plays the game on the family tv. BTW... if pc users are in the minority then at some point, if pc users are pushed too far they may simply stop using their pcs for high end gaming and suddenly atvidia will get all upset about that as well as intel and amd.[/citation]

if pc gaming goes , what will ahppen is consoles will start having more powerful atia dbn nvidia cards in them and they wil also start costing a LOT more money

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
How about Battlefield 2 or the upcoming Battlefield 3?
BF2 is a great online FPS. Lost my serial though. =(
Guess it doesn't matter, I was banned form the top server because of too many team kills (what's funner than seeing all your allies load into a helicopter to go assault the enemy just to have a allied rocket flying at them?).

CoD4 was decent, CoD5 was questionable though.
Now if you excuse me, I have to go unrar CoD6.

G

won't be buying this for my PC, and I don't own a console either, so another $60.00 they could've had if they would of thought about where hardcore gamers came from in the first place, the PC.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Hmm, it's a pity about what consoles are doing to us PC lovers. My brother got a PS3 and he even got this game. It seems alright but I am not used to holding some rubbish controller, wireless or not. I'd take my keyboard and Razer mouse anyday over some controller POS.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Good example for effective marketing. If you have a strong brand and get enough publicity, even the "bad" news works in your favor. And ... all the "I won't buy" posters probably still were curious enough to get a copy themselves. I have no doubt it's a great game, but this headline reflects how important marketing is.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
CoryInJapan, be glad you didn't buy it. If you are in Japan, like me, you wouldn't have been able to play it until December 23rd. Plus, the p2p might be ok if you're connecting to people close to you, but I suspect we would get put in games with hosts in America leaving us with a crap experience even though our upload speeds here are much much higher.

One more thing. I've played some of the single player, and not having lean really is frustrating in this game, especially when all your enemies are able to do it.

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I knew it would do well, but I'm still not buying it. I game only on PC and I expect more from a PC title.

I also agree that the way IW handled the whole thing was very poor. First they were not even going to say anything about all the missing content. Only after things were leaked, did they "spill the beans". Then they kept giving lame excuses about "It balances the Game"... Basically a non-answer to all the questions posed. Then there was this underlying tone that was very condescending to people who were upset about the changes.

I would have rather of had IW just came out and say "Listen, we are focusing on the consoles for this title. We decided to make a PC version available to the COD franchise fans who game on PCs. But, understand that this is a port from the consoles."

I think I would have swallowed that a bit better then having them talk down to PC gamers and explain how less content "Makes a balanced Game"...

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Boycott FAILhttp://img694.imageshack.us/img694 [...] 95841f.jpg[/citation]

... wow they really "stuck to their guns". Pathetic really.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]gorehound[/nom]to bad that more folks didnot boycott this game.now if they do sell lots it shows you can get the public to buy anything so the next one will be even more crippled than before.[/citation]

It's like you didn't read the article... "If they do sell lots"??? They sold lots and lots and lots! The title of the article is "Selling like hot cakes". It's selling like there's no tomorrow. They are selling so fast they are running out of stock!

If they sell lots... lol

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Can you honestly believe any of these numbers that are released? This goes for the gaming, music, cinema...etc.

If these are the real numbers then I am happy for them. Will this mean that they stop whining about piracy ruining there bottom line? Or do they still get to beat that dead horse as well as posting a $310 million day?

G

Seriously not worth the money. Don't fall for all the over advertised nonsense. Plenty of other games to save up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.