Mohu Leaf antenna not consistant

jowilker

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I have 2 tvs in my home & both are connected to Mohu Leaf 50 mile antennas for local tv. I can set them up with a very good channel line up (towers about 35 miles away), super quality viewing. I can sometimes turn on either tv and the reception quality is gone, reception goes in and out, some channels in the lineup are gone. I primarily watch local news, and the wife watches some shows on one of the locals.

My question is why such a drastic change from awesome to crap? What suggestions?

Solution
If the signal strength of the channel varies the channel won't come in consistently.
Try reorienting the antenna. The TV may have a way for you to see the signal strength when a channel is tuned.
A better higher gain antenna would help. An outdoor antenna is usually better even if it's in an attic.

jowilker

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Yes it is currently as it comes out of the box, full length cable to antenna, powered into wall receptacle. Have tried shorter cable to antenna, powered it by usb on tv. Still goes from awesome reception to junk. (both antennas).

If the signal strength of the channel varies the channel won't come in consistently.
Try reorienting the antenna. The TV may have a way for you to see the signal strength when a channel is tuned.
A better higher gain antenna would help. An outdoor antenna is usually better even if it's in an attic.

Solution