Mojang Made Profit 1 Hour After Minecraft X360 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Splitscreen multiplayer is probably really really cool. I can also see the appeal of playing Minecraft sitting on your sofa, but sucks that the console version is several updates behind the PC version.

A PS3 version would be great too, since owning a xbox360 is a waste of money. Minecraft is the only good Xbox360 (console-)exclusive so far.

Auroram

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]I don't get Minecraft at all. There's no weapons, no loot, no story, and graphics are crap.[/citation]
You craft your own weapons, pratically every single block the world is made of is your loot, and your imagination is the only limitation to the story. Have you actually played the game, or are you simply not the creative type of person? I'd say shut it if you haven't, but I'd respect your opinion of you're simply not into creating your own content.

As for the graphics, the PC version has texture packs which literally can increase the resolution of textures up to 32 times (16X16 to 512X512), add better shaders, bump mapping, etc. These things would completely fry xbox 360 hardware, though.

That's a real downside on this release. Only the most basic graphics and no modding at all.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
good for the xbox community gettin minecraft vanilla build. full hd textures from spax pure db and gsls shader with smooth movement and real time shadows + 100 mods more is the only way you can play mine craft for real ! got well above 400hours in minecraft today

zhuchaol

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Experience is the child of thought , and thought is the child of action. We cannot learn men from books.
hh.gif

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Love the PC version, so I don't personally need it for my 360. Nice to see the game continues to sell well.

I take it Kartu and killerclick are trolls that have probably never played the game...or their dead inside.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]The most hyped "indie" game I know.With media buzzing about it non-stop, no wonder it sells well.[/citation]
Its a pretty fun game and very different. Maybe I just like it because I love LEGO. Don't see why anyone would want to play it on a 360 though no mods/HD textures.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Its a pretty fun game and very different. Maybe I just like it because I love LEGO. [/citation]

Thats what drew me into the game when it 1st came out. It is essentially a big game of Legos. Only more interactive. But yeah, I dont think I could ever play the 360 version, considering all the addons and texture packs that are abundant for the PC version.

Sphax PureBDcraft is my go to for textures.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Don't see why anyone would want to play it on a 360 though no mods/HD textures.[/citation]

That pretty much sums up EVERY PC game

LongLiveRock1974

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Rather impressive success for a Java game and inherently cross-platform so it works on most anything.[/citation]

I'd still like to see it ported using a different code. Java on the PC is really hold the game back imo.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Auroram[/nom]You craft your own weapons, pratically every single block the world is made of is your loot, and your imagination is the only limitation to the story. Have you actually played the game, or are you simply not the creative type of person? I'd say shut it if you haven't, but I'd respect your opinion of you're simply not into creating your own content.As for the graphics, the PC version has texture packs which literally can increase the resolution of textures up to 32 times (16X16 to 512X512), add better shaders, bump mapping, etc. These things would completely fry xbox 360 hardware, though. That's a real downside on this release. Only the most basic graphics and no modding at all.[/citation]

I call this paying someone to work. Not playing a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.