Solved! monitor can't get up to 144hz

Solution
You actually can connect 144hz external monitor to a gaming laptop with 60hz screen only, I already give a try and test it to my nitro 5 gtx1060 laptop (which is just 60hz), as long you fullfill the following requirement (from my online research and my own experiment):
  1. the monitor support 144hz over hdmi (which have 1.4 or higher like 2.0 port ) Note: some manufacture have 1.4 hdmi port on the monitor but just lock it to 120hz only (yur, be carefull to choice ur monitor and please read the full specifications.
  2. your laptop or your gpu have 1.4 or 2.0 hdmi port.
  3. your hdmi cable is 1.4 or 2.0
From my real test, I bought a monitor is Acer KG241P biip that have 2.0 hdmi port (its engraved on the back of monitor close to the...
Nov 8, 2019
You actually can connect 144hz external monitor to a gaming laptop with 60hz screen only, I already give a try and test it to my nitro 5 gtx1060 laptop (which is just 60hz), as long you fullfill the following requirement (from my online research and my own experiment):
  1. the monitor support 144hz over hdmi (which have 1.4 or higher like 2.0 port ) Note: some manufacture have 1.4 hdmi port on the monitor but just lock it to 120hz only (yur, be carefull to choice ur monitor and please read the full specifications.
  2. your laptop or your gpu have 1.4 or 2.0 hdmi port.
  3. your hdmi cable is 1.4 or 2.0
From my real test, I bought a monitor is Acer KG241P biip that have 2.0 hdmi port (its engraved on the back of monitor close to the port), and it included with the 2.0 highspeed hdmi cable on the package when im unboxed it, its plug and play to my laptop acer nitro 5 GTX1060 (60hz only from factory), and the 144hz setting instantly appear on my acer monitor..

U can buy the same monitor for ur laptop, make sure that u buy the acer KG241QP 144hz included HDMI highspeed cable inside the box.. some acer monitor included with displayport cable..
Thats it my real experience,

The other monitor that I know support 144hz over hdmi(from my online research) is Viewsonic XG2401 and and Viewsonic XG2402 (but note : i never test the viewsonic monitor)I think u dont have problem with the first and the second requirement, but did u already try to change the hdmi cable with 2.0 hdmi cable?

Solution
Sep 8, 2019
The thing is my HDMI port is connected to my integrated graphics. When my brother connected his laptop to my screen he could get 144 hz with the nvidea control panel. But i can't with the Intel graphics control panel.