Monster Makes TRON Headphones With Light FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Isnt 350$ too much for a fancy headphone, let alone a wired fancy headphone?

i know Monster sells all the overpriced stuff like a $2,000 HDMI cable but it can atleast make the headphone wireless right to justify the cost right?

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Sometimes things are overpriced.
Sometimes they are so overpriced you find it insulting.
Sometimes they are so overpriced that the manufacturer knows that you know it's insulting but they are looking you in the eye and doing it anyway. It's the ultimate F**k you from a company.

Monster has been doing the "F**k you" for a long long time now. I will absolutely positively never buy anything from them ever again. I don't care if these headphones were $9.95.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I opened this article just to see the price. Monster is well known for abusive prices for "premium" items, and they didn't disapoint me with this 350$ price tag for headphones. Kudos!

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
[citation][nom]squallypie[/nom]Isnt 350$ too much for a fancy headphone, let alone a wired fancy headphone?i know Monster sells all the overpriced stuff like a $2,000 HDMI cable but it can atleast make the headphone wireless right to justify the cost right?[/citation]
nah I'd much prefer wired. wireless sucks and you don't have the quality compared to wired + lame batteries that need replacing, its a hassle IMHO

Toddosan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
LOL gimme a break monster, my Corsair HS1 set probably blows them outta the water and they only go for 100$, i guess the suing of companies with monster in their name didnt go to well for them.

alphadark

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Monster+Best Buy=Devil.
I go and try to buy a TV, they tell me I need a 120 dollar cable. I explain that Data is Data and I could use tinfoil and get the same quailty picture as that monster crap. They keep pushing so I walk away and buy my TV at Ultimate.

Worst companies ever.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I can hear the exact same sound using a broken skiprope tied inbetween my a metal coathanger, with the handles pierced and shoved into empty slushpuppy cups, standing near a local cellphone tower and a nearby wifi enabled McDonalds.

NO SALE MONSTER !

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]squallypie[/nom]Isnt 350$ too much for a fancy headphone, let alone a wired fancy headphone?i know Monster sells all the overpriced stuff like a $2,000 HDMI cable but it can atleast make the headphone wireless right to justify the cost right?[/citation]

For the kind of people who will want these (gamers and music buffs) wireless is not a benefit. Problem with wireless is signal loss and of course interferance from other wireless sources. Its just like with gaming. You want a wired laser mouse and wired keyboard.

Of course I can find much better gaming grade headphones minus the LED effects for less than $100 but hey. People will pay too much for anything these days.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
$350 for a pair of headphones isn't that bad if you're an audiophile. I bought the MDREX700LP which goes for $400 Canadian for a pair of minibuds. Admittedly, I didn't pay that much, but I'm an audiophile. I also have 7.1 surround sound Paradigm speakers that cost $10,000 for my home theatre and my computer hooked up to that for playing games on. Expensive? sure. Do I like it? I love it.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
$350 huh?
I bet they aren't even as good as Sony MDR-V900's and you can get a pair of those on eBay for like $60 bucks!
(Although on Sony's website the cost $260)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mac_angel[/nom]$350 for a pair of headphones isn't that bad if you're an audiophile. I bought the MDREX700LP which goes for $400 Canadian for a pair of minibuds. Admittedly, I didn't pay that much, but I'm an audiophile. I also have 7.1 surround sound Paradigm speakers that cost $10,000 for my home theatre and my computer hooked up to that for playing games on. Expensive? sure. Do I like it? I love it.[/citation]
Well what you bought is actually worth the money, it's high quality and worth the price, these Monster products (like most all their products) are not worth the very high price they charge, that is the difference :)

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I read the article title and before I clicked on the article link to read the article I thought, "OMG I'm gonna pick these up!"

After reading the article I reversed my decision, not because of the price. But because of the following :

1) The overall resemblance to an apple product; cough the overabundance of White which is NOT Tron related
2) The white makes it look like an apple product more so than a TRON paraphanelia product.

Back to the price. 350$ for animated headphones. That obviously includes some sort of hidden apple tax.

Make it overall black with Tron blue accent lines then I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.