Solved! More ARC problems with Sony XBR75x900 & Sony STR-DN1080

Drumley

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I recently purchased a Sony XBR75X900e and a Sony AVR STR-DN1080. I have connected a DIRECTV HR44-700, Sony BlueRay and Apple TV to the Sony AVR. Here is my setup:

Ethernet from Router to Directv HR44-700
Cat5 from splitter to Directv HR44-700
Directv HDMI out to Sony AVR SAT/CATV HDMI
BlueRay HDMI out to Sony AVR BD/DVD
AppleTV HDMI out to Sony AVR video 1
Ethernet from router to Sony AVR
Sony AVR ARC Out A TV to Sony XBR ARC HDMI

When watching Netflix, Amazon, etc from TV, everything works perfectly and I can control sound through the AVR. However, when I try to watch any video through the AVR via HDMI ARC, the video is nonexistent or fliers badly but the sound is fine.

If I disconnect the HDMI from the AVR and directly connect to Directv or the BlueRay, the video is perfect but obviously can only get sound from TV.

I have tried resetting everything. I have returned everything to default. I have updated all software. The HDMI cable is 4K.

I am at loss.

Solution
From your description the ARC function works fine. It's the video pass through of the receiver that's not working correctly.
Try a different HDMI input on the TV just to see if that works.
Try a different HDMI cable. That can help even if the cable worked direct to the source.
Try turning any video processing in the receiver off.
If the receiver is under warranty that would be your next step.
From your description the ARC function works fine. It's the video pass through of the receiver that's not working correctly.
Try a different HDMI input on the TV just to see if that works.
Try a different HDMI cable. That can help even if the cable worked direct to the source.
Try turning any video processing in the receiver off.
If the receiver is under warranty that would be your next step.

Solution