More Rumors About iPhone 5 Coming in Aug/Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
apple's iphone is the best around when you compare it with all the other crap out there....trust me.....when it comes to software android and i os are the same....android is a little less secure, it's a fact....like me or not it's the truth

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Whether you like iPhones or not, you have to agree this is annoying... "rumors, rumors"... either release the product or don't, but don't spread rumors for marketing purposes, at the same time pretending (like Apple does) that it was a "leak"! Now, to flame the iPhone 5 itself: already beaten by Galaxy S II with its superior hardware.

G

Therapist: "Steve, you are a sheep hoarder". Steve: "No I'm a Sheep Herder" Therapist: Yes, you hoard sheep!" Steve: "No, why won't anyone listen to me!"

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
android is a little less secure, it's a fact

Your data is generally as secure as you make it, install crap apps expect crap security

already beaten by Galaxy S II with its superior hardware.

A trend apple will have to get use to, as andriods OS is refined and improved at a faster rate then iOS with more hardware refreshes, I just see iPhone numbers dropping in the future.

G

So many android phones coming out non-stop, who's got the time to stop and have a look at a phone that is finding it hard to play catch-up? Really. I presume it will have dual-core? Wow, what a marvel of tech, not.

For me to be impressed, the iPhone 5 better come out with at least a quad core processor. Anything less will not suffice. The ball is in Apple's court and surely the world doesn't want anymore another mediocre followup from them such as the opacity 2.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Im sure Apple is rushing the dev cycle in order to regain the lost marketshare from Android, the big question is what kind of flaws it will come with when the normal cycles don't even result in 100% products.(or what the most deluded apple fans call "features").

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]apple's iphone is the best around when you compare it with all the other crap out there....trust me.....when it comes to software android and i os are the same....android is a little less secure, it's a fact....like me or not it's the truth[/citation]
Camera, aluded to at 8MP - whilst 12MP cameras have been on other phones for at least 2 years or more.
CPU upgrade to the one in the iPad - whilst faster and more powerful, even dual core CPUs are in other phones already and have been for a while.
Screen resolution - well, packing the pixels into such a small screen means you cant tell they are there, so give us a bigger screen - many, many, many other phones regularly give over 4" screens.

Please note none of these factors are OS related, so these are not Android / RIM / WP7 fanboisms, face it the hardware is simply substandard.

No one should get excited about an incremental upgrade to tech that is already 2 years out of date at point of release.

wcooper007

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Droidfags jumping straight onto an Apple story trying to validate their existence and superiority. *slow clapping*[/citation]

Troll Much????

And ya know i have used an iphone and i hate apple products i have a Ipod that i use in my car and only in my car.. I have to tell you i have had more fun and more luck with my android phone than i ever had with an iphone. Also everyone i know has problems with the call quality on there iphone and with dropped calls. So everyone that sits here and used the whole its not apple it ATT well hate to tell you but Apple decided to go with ATT so subpar product on a subpar network "perfect together"

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Camera, aluded to at 8MP - whilst 12MP cameras have been on other phones for at least 2 years or more.

And the 12mp still looks like crap compared to the I phone's 5mp camera.

CPU upgrade to the one in the iPad - whilst faster and more powerful, even dual core CPUs are in other phones already and have been for a while.

And it doesn't matter if all you have is crap apps to run on those cores.

Screen resolution - well, packing the pixels into such a small screen means you cant tell they are there, so give us a bigger screen - many, many, many other phones regularly give over 4" screens.

And those bigger screens look like crap when you hold them up to the iphone's.

.[/citation]

I don't have an Iphone, I dont own any product of apples besides apple tv. I run an htc desire as my smartphone. Here is the thing though. Steve will release the iphone 5 and I will be there to buy it. I am so sick of the lack of quality apps, and fragmentation that I am going to jump ship. I dont want to root, install a custom rom, install a custom kernal, only to have my phone not be able to support Netflix, Hulu, etc. I just want it to work. Yes I have netflix on my cm7 desire. But I cant upgrade it from market. I am sick of a new android phone coming out every 2 months with outstanding hardware, only to be let down by the software.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
All comes down to the price.

If the 32GB version of the iPhone 5 is $299 I'm buying it.

Otherwise, I'm not buying one until the price drops to $299.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
[citation][nom]wcooper007[/nom]Troll Much????And ya know i have used an iphone and i hate apple products i have a Ipod that i use in my car and only in my car.. I have to tell you i have had more fun and more luck with my android phone than i ever had with an iphone. Also everyone i know has problems with the call quality on there iphone and with dropped calls. So everyone that sits here and used the whole its not apple it ATT well hate to tell you but Apple decided to go with ATT so subpar product on a subpar network "perfect together"[/citation]

Everyone I know has no issues with iPhone, however this is the UK. I also own a HTC and not an iPhone. The droidfags are just becoming tiresome with their unfounded vitriol and ridiculous abuse.

Cant people just accept the pros and cons of each OS and piece of hardware instead of the childish and usually unfounded remarks. Droidfags are becoming the scourge of this website.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Droidfags jumping straight onto an Apple story trying to validate their existence and superiority. *slow clapping*[/citation]

Did you really expect any less? Some of these people are the same ones still stuck on "But can it play Crysis?" and "You're holding it wrong." Originality, is not their strong subject.

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Now, to flame the iPhone 5 itself: already beaten by Galaxy S II with its superior hardware.[/citation]

Considering the hardware is all rumors at this point.. It isn't beaten. Secondly, The Galaxy S II can have all the hardware it wants, including a kitchen sink, and the experience you get on it is still subpar to an iphone, to date. All this "hardware, hardware, hardware" crap sounds sooo similiar to the prescott days of "megagigahertz! megagigahertz! megagigahertz!" ..And how'd that work out for everyone? Exactly. Troll along everyone. Troll along.

[citation][nom]wcooper007[/nom]Troll Much????And ya know i have used an iphone and i hate apple products i have a Ipod that i use in my car and only in my car.. I have to tell you i have had more fun and more luck with my android phone than i ever had with an iphone. Also everyone i know has problems with the call quality on there iphone and with dropped calls. So everyone that sits here and used the whole its not apple it ATT well hate to tell you but Apple decided to go with ATT so subpar product on a subpar network "perfect together"[/citation]

Nice opinion. As for my 2 cents, every droid I've tried hasn't come close to offering the same experience that my iphone has. I like new toys, but until a phone can match it.. I'm gonna stick with what works better, and not what has, or is claimed to have, "better" hardware. And as for call quality, or dropped calls.. I have no problems there.. Nor does anyone else I know in SD with an iphone.. So yeah.. "troll much????"? ;P

wcooper007

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I look at it this way until windows 8 comes out i am not too worried about it because when that happens i will be jumping to a windows phone so that i can access everything i own from anywhere i have cell phone service.. This is the next big thing and it will be huge granted apple fans will probably have the same thing as long as they have a mac and a Ohhh wait apple doesnt make a console so they wont be able to connect to there xbox or PS3 thats awsome totally forgot about that LoL. So yeah i want to be able to access my xbox games my desktop and my phone from all of those just imagine if your playing on your xbox or on your computer and your phone rings well your phone knows its within 10 feet of the computer and or xbox so it pops up on your screen that you have an incoming call from "mom" and you can just decline it or accept it right there on your computer or xbox i mean thats awsome or a text message. the options are boundless

G

I love Google, Microsoft, and Apple equally. My Desktop will always be windows, I love Google services (browser, mail, docs, etc.) and I own an iPhone. The thing that I don't get in these flame and troll wars is the fact that no one ever actually admits to the real world data. Sure HTC makes great phones with killer hardware every 2 months. But why do they do that? 20 plus phones on every carrier, to compete with ONE phone and now the same is happening in the tablet market. We wouldn't even have advanced smartphones and tablets hadn't Apple not went along with their plans while everyone else laughed. We can go back and forth about cost, hardware, etc. etc. but at the end of the day Apple is winning and winning big. In 4 months they became the dominant phone on Verizon, they are already the dominant phone on ATT, and T-mobile says they have 1 million iPhones on their network. I wouldn't call this an Android domination when you have a gazillion phones competing with just one and still barely edging out. It was also reported this week that Apple has enough cash on hand to buy out the majority of the competition if they wanted to. I understand fanboyism i.e. I'm AMD and not Intel, Microsoft and not Sony, but at the end of the day rationality has to prevail. Intel's CPU's are more powerful and advanced in some cases as is NVIDIA, and there are things the PS3 can do that I wish my Xbox 360 could. We can scream on forums about how "superior" Android is to iOS, maybe "we" are smarter than the majority of consumers who happen to believe otherwise given the numbers. Maybe it's time to admit that Apple must be doing something right, otherwise companies wouldn't be continually refreshing their hardware and software to catch up with their outdated and hardly ever refreshed hardware and software.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]apple's iphone is the best around when you compare it with all the other crap out there....trust me.....when it comes to software android and i os are the same....android is a little less secure, it's a fact....like me or not it's the truth[/citation]
coming from a 'nebun'... yeah, it must be the truth. LOL

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]Gather round, sheep. Let the shepherds fleece you of your cash.[/citation]
or, should we say, here comes the human centiPad...
South Park at it's best.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I hope there is more to this iphone than just a camera upgrade, cpu upgrade and chassis design..the iphone 4 right now already has a good looking design, is fast enough as far as i can tell. So the only good thing out of this is an upgraded camera? I certainly hope there's much more being included..

Status
Not open for further replies.