Moto Droid 2 calendar issue

lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I am using a Motorola Droid 2 with Verizon, and in my Calendar, i recently had a coworker share their calendar with my gmail. Since that time, rather than default to show my personal calendar, the phone's calendar instead defaults to NO calendar, and every screen change reminds me with the message "There are no calendars selected!" How do i force my phone to recognize my own calendar as a default so that it no longer selects no calendars?

i'm rooted running miui so things might appear a little different than on your phone, but the base calendar app should be almost the same.

open app drawer
tap calendar
hit menu button
hit calendars (on mine i have to hit more... then calendars)
swap to your calendar

if you aren't listed double check to make sure in

menu button
settings
accounts & sync settings

that your account is listed here.

lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
yeah i've done that, and it always shows my calendar as synced, but for some reason no matter how many times i turn it to "show" it seems to turn it back to "don't show"... any way to force it to stay on "show"?

not sure.

if it were my phone i'd try to unlink their calendar from my gmail account and take the phone and gmail account back to how they were before you started having issues.

backtracking is always a good way to fix issues. you just might need to fiddle around.

the main thing is to get their calendar to not be synced with your account. just reverse what you did. if you are sure its not linked anymore and its bugging out still

THE FOLLOWING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA:

theres always the emergency option of backing up your data with titanium backup and doing a factory reset. then get tb back up and restore all the apps you want. not pretty but should clear issues.

if you're running a rom you could do the same or wipe/wipe and reflash the rom.

in any case you're starting from scratch and have to reload everything (helps with tb though).

not guaranteeing this is a sure fix, but its got a high chance if all else fails.

titanium backup copies all the app files to your sd card (as a copy) so that you can restore the app. some people use this to roll-back to a previous revision of an app, others use it as a restoration tool.

i believe there is an option to copy "application data" as well. its free so worth checking out on your own.

if you're going to get a refurb phone anyways... its worth tb to your sd card, removing the sdcard, then wiping the phone several times before giving it back to them (after you're guaranteed a new phone that is). unless you want prying eyes to be able to restore your data that is (or if you care). cant see the sense in going through a huge hassle if you're just going to get a new phone in a few weeks, might as well hold off till them on fixing your issue. (which may dissapear with a new phone)