Motorola Droid Razr HD, Maxx HD to Receive Android 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
We also receive the full Amazon Suite? My app drawer is already jammed with useless apps that I can't uninstall.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Today Verizon Wireless has confirmed that Motorola Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD users will be offered the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, after every other carrier (major and minor) has already delivered it to their customers, and long after the phones stop being relevant [see Thunderbolt & SGS3].

Fixed.

I own both a Thunderbolt & a SGS3. I don't know what VZWs problem is, but they simply can't push out a major update, while small carriers like US Cellular seem to get it done right away. FFS, google did all the work, how long does it really take for you to bloat it all up?

If it weren't for XDA, VZW customers would never run "current" software.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]The bloatware is meant to be, natural, and simple to be ignored. It seems to have no impact on my use of my S3[/citation]
Hold on, I thought you were an isheep, why do you complain so much about android then if you have an S3, or is it WP the one you don't like?

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I own both a Thunderbolt & a SGS3. I don't know what VZWs problem is, but they simply can't push out a major update, while small carriers like US Cellular seem to get it done right away. FFS, google did all the work, how long does it really take for you to bloat it all up?If it weren't for XDA, VZW customers would never run "current" software.[/citation]
I just got an S3 from MetroPCS, but the thing doesn't want to update the ICS to JB.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]The bloatware is meant to be, natural, and simple to be ignored. It seems to have no impact on my use of my S3[/citation]

Cognitive dissonance is great. It has me still believing that my 4S is slick LOL

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]Hold on, I thought you were an isheep, why do you complain so much about android then if you have an S3, or is it WP the one you don't like?[/citation]
Ha, that's why its not so good to make unfounded inferences or assumptions. :p ...but yes, it's WP that I believe has no reason to exist.

G

[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]We also receive the full Amazon Suite? My app drawer is already jammed with useless apps that I can't uninstall.[/citation]

Most bloatware can be disabled through settings, go to apps, then all, then click on the app, and press disable, if the button isnt there to disable, uninstall updates and then try again, I have about 20 built in apps disabled

G

wait a minute, Zak Islam wrote this and it doesn't mention a single apple product, is he feeling ok?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Nakal[/nom]Otacon, buy a Nexus device and get straight up Google with no bloatware.[/citation]
Nah, he's just trolling around on a device he's never going to get and keep ignoring the simple fact you just stated. It's easier that way.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]wozza365[/nom]wait a minute, Zak Islam wrote this and it doesn't mention a single apple product, is he feeling ok?[/citation]

When he posts articles about Apple-related, you and other haters whine like a little beech and bash him like nobody business.

And now when he posts about Android-related, you asks whats happening to him.

WTF that you kiddies want??

SlitelyOff

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
What? Not the Droid Razr? They are essentially the same as the Droid Razr Maxx aren't they? Or do we, the early adopters, get hosed again?

G

"What? Not the Droid Razr? They are essentially the same as the Droid Razr Maxx aren't they? Or do we, the early adopters, get hosed again?"

Welcome to Android, where 99% of these tiny incremental updates don't apply to you! Have fun getting some custom ROMs or whatever other waste of time someone will suggest after this comment.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]SlitelyOff[/nom]What? Not the Droid Razr? They are essentially the same as the Droid Razr Maxx aren't they? Or do we, the early adopters, get hosed again?[/citation]
You're lucky you got ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.