Motorola May Be Violating Another Microsoft Patent

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I think this is the patent European patent office denied because it was "obvious".

G

A good portion of software patents are complete bs. I'm a long time MS user and developer but I am tired of this crap. If Apple wasn't playing the same games I would move to them but I guess my only choice left is Linux to avoid supporting pathetic software companies trying to protect their money bags with inanities.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SJax[/nom]A good portion of software patents are complete bs. I'm a long time MS user and developer but I am tired of this crap. If Apple wasn't playing the same games I would move to them but I guess my only choice left is Linux to avoid supporting pathetic software companies trying to protect their money bags with inanities.[/citation]
Apple and MS are pay-for software so getting a living from developing for them can be lucrative, Linux is less lucrative as the user base is so low and people expect everything for free.

G

How much did Apple pay to Perry and/or Tom's Guide to write such drivel? This is clearly an anti-Motorola advertising campaign wrapped up in a nearly sheer veil of paper-thin pseudo-journalism. The tag line says "...May Be Violating..." which naturally implies that it may not be. The story has no choice but to own up to the fact that the ITC is still in the process of deciding, so why paint Motorola in such an unnecessarily negative light? It's clear that Perry and/or someone at Tom's has an axe to grind with Motorola, and that is sad.

I am DEEPLY disappointed in Tom's Guide for publishing such drivel. I expected more substantive tech news, but perhaps I should adjust my expectations downward from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.