Motorola Shows Off the Amazing Atrix 4G Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
hehe not bad quite interesting my n8 can play 720p at quite good quality but im sure this can manage more. still im happy whit my n8 ;b

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
i dont get the first few moments of the video. the chatting and the firefox thingies, are they run by the netbook or the mobile? or the mobile just doing the chat and the mobile function where as the netbook does the rest of the stuff?

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]squallypie[/nom]i dont get the first few moments of the video. the chatting and the firefox thingies, are they run by the netbook or the mobile? or the mobile just doing the chat and the mobile function where as the netbook does the rest of the stuff?[/citation]
That netbook is just a "dumb" keyboard and display dock. The smartphone is doing 100% of the output.

fstrthnu

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I could've sworn reading that this phone will use some kind of special Linux OS (not just the regular Android OS). Maybe I just read it wrong; however, I'm sure there's at least some kind of custom overlay for this on the netbook mode

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]fstrthnu[/nom]I could've sworn reading that this phone will use some kind of special Linux OS (not just the regular Android OS). Maybe I just read it wrong; however, I'm sure there's at least some kind of custom overlay for this on the netbook mode[/citation]

While docked with the laptop thingy, the phone will boot into a linux that is more user-friendly with a mouse and keyboard than Android.

I'm impressed with this phone, it looks like it's worth the money (if it's under $1100 for the phone, $200 for the laptop dock)

gc_sama

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
[citation][nom]iLLz[/nom]Yea, if you didn't know by now, you can get Firefox beta on Android phones. Especially if you are running Arm7 architecture. I think they have an Arm6 out but it is more buggy. Not to mention Firefox is about a 40 meg download and about 60-70 meg install. Massive for smartphone install. It is the full version though.[/citation]

So is it possible then that Sony could include Firefox on their new NGP if they wanted? Or maybe Chrome since they are integrating with Android?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This should catch on with others.... especially if / when the phones get more powerful and the tools / firmware improves.

Its better than having a smart phone and a Netbook.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]Motorola still exists? That's impressive.[/citation]

moto really turned around with the droid 1, practically the reason they still exist as a phone maker today, and this past ces *drool*

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]OK, now to see the REAL thing live...CG sims are always better than originals.[/citation]

It was shown at CES...... Live

Status
Not open for further replies.