Motorola to USITC: Halt Xbox 360 Sales Please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I doubt the court system has had enough, mostly because there are probably patent troll layers that are making a KILLING through these low blow lawsuit wars.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
The Ideology of companies nowadays is the following:

Come out with new product, project sales capital, sell product, then when the product doesn't sell as projected, find some patent(s) and sue some company(ies) "infringing" on the patent(s) for the amount of the difference between projected sales and actual sales, or more.

Business ethics...what business ethics?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Didn't another company try the same thing with Office 2010 or 2007 before? And they actually managed to force Microsoft to change an aspect of Office with that threat.

G

[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Weird, the quote box shows that you posted "FIRST!!!!!", but I'm pretty sure that what you meant to post was "TOTALLY SPENDING NEW YEAR'S EVE IN MY PARENTS' BASEMENT ALONE!!!!!"[/citation]
Lmao. The same thing could be said about you, FYI.

dsolom3

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Didn't another company try the same thing with Office 2010 or 2007 before? And they actually managed to force Microsoft to change an aspect of Office with that threat.[/citation]

Yeah, M$FT also had to pay $300 million to i4i for patent infringements in Office 2007 (if my memory serves me right). They managed to stop sales of Office, although that was stayed before going into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.