Motorola's Xoom tablet priced at $799

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
If the iPad 2 WiFi only version comes in at the same price as the last one, then it will come down to specs. If the specs end up similar then I may just go with the iPad.

G

Well considering what people paid for the iPad which gave them MUCH less, I'd say the value for the dollar is greatly increased with this product.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
3G is not worth it to me, I will just use my DroidX (rooted) w/ Tethering to get a tablet on the internet when I am not near I wifi hotspot.

G

Heck yeah! Either way, either price! I love new gadgets. Even though I love android, im game for anything new. Apple, htc, samsung, hp, etc. Love this competiton!

dib

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn't buy another iPad again. It cost too much to develop code for apple devices. $100/year and you need to have a apple computer. I think apple is the only one that you have to pay $100/year for the API to create apps for their devices. I also wouldn't need a apple computer.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
600 bones looks pretty attractive, but I'm still thinking the iPad2 will be better, not that I'm an Apple fanboy, but no Android table has even come close to the iPad yet. I'm Android all the way and would love to see Honeycomb do well.

G

600 with wifi is better for me... the new verizon mifi device is going to be 4g. they will work great together

G

Contracts will be available, but for tablets Verizon has been doing a month-to-month plan that you can cancel at any time.

jedrious

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
If the price is unsubsidized, you are not locked into a contract, the only thing that locks you into a contract is purchasing a subsidized device

jedrious

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
If the price is unsubsidized, you are not locked into a contract, the only thing that locks you into a contract is purchasing a subsidized device

jedrious

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

G

$600 maybe $800 no way! Moto is pricing themselves out of the market. Unless, another competitors tablet emerges with reasonable pricing I am going to wait and see what the iPAD2 has to offer. I prefer Android but not at that price.

improviz

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Not when I can have a Core i5 laptop with a BluRay player in it for the same $600. Sorry, I don't see the "need" for a tablet.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Honestly, for those of us that can manage tethering from our mobiles, why would you want to bother with yet another ripoff monthly subscription? $600 w/ wifi is perfect for me. My phone can handle the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.