Mounting TV with screws that were already in TV when I bought it

a82

Dec 5, 2018
I just mounted a new 65" tcl65r617. I attached the 2 mounting bars to the back of the tv using the screws that were already in the vesa screw holes in the back of the tv. Is this what these screws were designed for? Thanks!

Solution

I think not.

If the mounting instruction doesn't say anything, or there isn't a big X label on the back of the TV, don't worry about it.

Just use common sense, if the originals look kind of cheap, don't thread in smoothly, not long enough (my example) by all mean use your own.
There is nothing special about TV's mounting screws. Screws are screws.

I remember not using what came with my TV, but ran to the hardware store to get my own 'cuz my mounting bracket has some thick mounting grommets and using TV's original screws would not provide enough "grab." The helpful people who gave u the screws cannot foresee exactly what mounting bracket you are going to use.

a82

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for the response. I was just concerned that the screws that were already in the TV were "placeholder screws" and might not be as strong as whatever bolts I should use to mount the bars onto the TV. Thanks again!

I think not.

If the mounting instruction doesn't say anything, or there isn't a big X label on the back of the TV, don't worry about it.

Just use common sense, if the originals look kind of cheap, don't thread in smoothly, not long enough (my example) by all mean use your own.

Solution