Move apps to SD card for version 6.0.1 Motorola

3_Mason_3

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
I can't figure out how to move my games and apps onto my SD card. I have a 64GB card so it's going to waste .

Solution
Well there are two things you need (other than the card of course) for it to work. 1. You need to be running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. This option on your device must not have been restricted by the manufacturer. Which sadly does happen.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as...
Well there are two things you need (other than the card of course) for it to work. 1. You need to be running, or able to upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow" and 2. This option on your device must not have been restricted by the manufacturer. Which sadly does happen.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution