moveing os and programs to a new/old hdd

gtr125

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014
hi im new here and looking for advice on how to move my OS and programs to a new/old hdd

my laptop is a lenovo R60 IBM think pad. the hdd inside is only 50gb. the new one is a Hitachi 5k500 250gb.i would like to keep all my flies if its possible. im running Windows 7 ultimate 86x. thanks

ps i have a 500gb external hdd also

cklaubur

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Disk cloning software is your friend. Since Western Digital owns Hitachi now, check with them for Acronis True Image WD Edition Software. Use of it is free on a computer equipped with a WD hard drive, but it may allow usage with your Hitachi.

Casey

gtr125

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014

thanks i will try this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 1
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
moekun Laptop Tech Support 9
oktaviorizky23 Laptop Tech Support 13
C Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
Similar threads
Question There is light in the computer and the fans are moving but nothing appears on the screen
Question Added 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD beside 256 GBM.2 NVMe SATA SSD Optane. Should I move the OS ? Create spanned drive?
Question Laptop Freezes or wifi gets disconnected and unable to connect to new wifi hotspot when laptop is moved
Question laptop screen goes black but when i move it
Question Windows Explorer cpu usage go high if I move my mouse
Question Asus Zenbook shuts off when picked up or moved during high CPU temps
Question Laptop screen goes very dim when moved(HP Pavillion 15: tpn-c125)
Question laptop graphics card crashes only when plugged in and moved
Question Laptop turn off automatically when move
Solved! keyboard and touchpad fail when I move laptop!
Solved! Sony VAIO SVS13 screen goes white by move the screen
Solved! My lenovo laptop is just showing its wall paper, and the cursor arrow is moving, nothing else, not proceeding to desktop
Solved! solution for cursor moves left
I bought a new Corsair M65 pro and my cursor will move but I cant use left or right click
Solved! my wifi is not working properly when i m very close t the router it conncets and show very low signals and when i move just aw
Solved! My cursor can move, but can't click on anything but the program I am on.
cursor moves when typing or idle and opens up programs
I want to move my music files in windows media player program from one laptop to another. Can't I just connect a usb to usb ca
Want to backup program files including all registry keys to an external hard drive so that they execute when moved back to my
How to move programs to the same computer that has been reset

ASK THE COMMUNITY