Movie Based on Myst Still in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
DUDE!! I alwasy hated reading growing up but for some reason these books were the first books I actually enjoyed reading. I am so psyched about this!!

G

The Book of Ti'Ana takes place long before Myst and Riven. You'll only be seeing Gehn, Atrus' father...not to be confused with Aitrus - which Gehn's dad. Chronologically it'd be the first in the story. Maybe they intend to make this a trilogy if it pans out.
Brad Dourif(you're thinking of Exile) might not be in it just because I can't think of any characters that are certified psychopaths in it. And thats kind of what he enjoys doing.

G

This is probably the best recent article I've seen describing this project. As a huge Myst fan myself, I appreciate that instead of downplaying it like "just another video game movie", this article gives specific and accurate details of the story and all the years of work that's gone into this project. Thank you for helping to spark the genuine interest which this epic story certainly deserves!

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Interesting. This is the 1st I have heard about this. Hopefully it doesn't get stuck in perpetual limbo.[/citation]

Yeah me too, was completely unaware that it had even begun any kind of production.

G

Finally, a well-researched article. Thank you, good sir!
I've been following the production blog for a couple of years and I'm very excited at these developments.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
>.< i love these books, I still have yet to find a series that gives such a vivid description of everything around you. really cant wait to see how far they go with this movie... hopefully it takes off i would love to see the later books where her son is trying to rebuild.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]xnashx[/nom]Really? Shouldn't they develop a movie on a more popular game?[/citation]

You do realize that MYST is one of the highest selling PC games of all time right? It remained so for almost 8 years since it's release.

wishtar

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The have a blog at mystmovie.com. I've been following it for the past three years. Rand Miller is so impressed with their work that he has offered them the movie rights for free. Here's hoping that they get picked up by a studio soon so they can really get into production.

G

This is fantastic news.
The mysteriac film group has been toiling away on this for years it's very exciting to finally see their hard work getting the press it deserves. Check out their production journal at http://mystmovie.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.