Movies from pc to sony trinitron

pike

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2001
Hello members.

Can someone steer me in the right direction so i may hook up my pc to my vintage sony trinitron to watch some movies that are on my dd. I beleive they are .avi but will have to recheck.

What i would like to know mostly is what do i need to look for on a vid cad to do this especially considering the older technology of the tv and also the type of cable i will need. With VLC the movies play well on an lcd although fullsceen i am missing some bottom and top area.

thanks for any guidance

pike

Solution
That depends on what video card you have (specifically, what video outputs it has) and what TV you have (specifically, what inputs it has). Depending on what you have, it could be as easy as connecting your graphic card's TV-Out to an input on your TV and selecting "Theater Mode" in the settings of your graphics card.

-Wolf sends
That depends on what video card you have (specifically, what video outputs it has) and what TV you have (specifically, what inputs it has). Depending on what you have, it could be as easy as connecting your graphic card's TV-Out to an input on your TV and selecting "Theater Mode" in the settings of your graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Solution

pike

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2001

Ok, thanks wolf, i'll have a good look and give this a try.

pike