Moving apps to external memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone please help me !
I am using sony xperia tipo (Single sim)!
I just love to play some of the big games on it!
And, i have downloaded some of them from play store!
As play store always install games on phone's internal storage, it is making my phone really slow!
So, Is there any way by which i can move these big games to my external memory card ?
Or, is there any way by which i can set external memory card as the default directory for downloading apps and games from even PLAY STORE ?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Actually it's entirely possible, but it requires the device to be rooted.

The rooting process is usually above most users technical ability. However, if you really want to try it out, try searching Google for "xperia tipo root guide" and see what you can dig up.

Rooting is a dangerous process if not completed properly - you could wind up turning your phone into a paperweight with a battery if you make the slightest mistake. I have to be sure you understand the risks before you decide whether or not it's worth it to you to root. I take no responsibility if something does happen to go wrong.

If you decide to root your phone, the next step would be to get the apps on the SD card. You can set the phone to install there by default...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Actually it's entirely possible, but it requires the device to be rooted.

The rooting process is usually above most users technical ability. However, if you really want to try it out, try searching Google for "xperia tipo root guide" and see what you can dig up.

Rooting is a dangerous process if not completed properly - you could wind up turning your phone into a paperweight with a battery if you make the slightest mistake. I have to be sure you understand the risks before you decide whether or not it's worth it to you to root. I take no responsibility if something does happen to go wrong.

If you decide to root your phone, the next step would be to get the apps on the SD card. You can set the phone to install there by default once you have root, or you can install apps and move them after the installation is complete.

Solution
G

Thank You and yeah its a dangerous process, so, i will not try this out !

4EVAVIVALARAZA

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Hi, I recently worked this out try file commander if your phone has it you can't move apps as such but you can move literally everything else which frees up a good amount of space just simply cut and paste from the internal to external card. Hopefully this is of some assistance!

gabasarthak007

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
There is one way to play big games in xperia tipo. But you have to root your mobile first. After rooting you can switch your mobiles internal and external storage. I have done this in my xperia tipo and now my mobile has 16gb internal memory. You can also try this. You can google it that how to switch the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.