Moving to a different country!!! Need a Laptop on the go

LeadLeader

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Hello ladies and gents

Im moving to another country soon and i need to buy a laptop for my work and some light hearted gaming

I don't have much knowledge on laptops so i have no idea what to look for but my budget is around 500
Pounds

Im mainly looking for a laptop that can let me play league of legends on max graphics and some small light hearted games

Much thanks!

Solution

Greetings, LeadLeader:

I imagine you'd also like a device that's not too bulky either. So here's a 14" ThinkPad E460 from:
http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e460/

Scroll down the page and locate the £493 version. It has a capable and efficient dual-core i5 Skylake CPU and comes with a 2GB dedicated AMD GPU that will play LoL without...

Greetings, LeadLeader:

I imagine you'd also like a device that's not too bulky either. So here's a 14" ThinkPad E460 from:
http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e460/

Scroll down the page and locate the £493 version. It has a capable and efficient dual-core i5 Skylake CPU and comes with a 2GB dedicated AMD GPU that will play LoL without problems and even slightly more complex games. It weighs 1.9 kg and battery life is listed at 9 hours (probably closer to 6 in real life). You also get a full 2K IPS display.

The weak point is RAM, but for an extra £30 you can double the capacity for increased multi-tasking. Summing up, for a total of £520 you get a solid business machine with decent entertainment capabilities.

A run-down of laptops on Amazon (UK) in this price range reveals that, despite the plethora of machines available, most of them only have an integrated GPU, 4GBs of RAM or an inferior display. Any comparable (and new) option will either be used/refurbished or tip you over £600. But do go and see for yourself.

To be fair, modern IGPs, such as Intel HD 5500 and Intel HD 620, are quite powerful and they will play LoL, too, but they will struggle with anything more complex than that. The dedicated 2GB AMD GPU is actually only marginally better, but it does give you 'room to spare' should you decide to play more demanding games.

Best of luck with your new life,
GreyCatz.

Solution

LeadLeader

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Thank you greycatz!

This laptop looks really good! Big thanks for the recommendation, i was hoping to get a laptop with a larger screen just due to im always used to them but if there aren't any i'll have to settle for this

Thank you for the well wishes:)