Mozilla Drops Spread Firefox Campaign

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

FF4 can`t handle cityville ( flash) as well as chrome...
for general browsing... its OPERA for me...

ie9 is so unstable....

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Since Firefox is probably the most popular browser out there that is downloaded by users, I'm guessing "Spread Firefox" is not nearly as useful as it used to be. Looks like it worked over the last 7 years though.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]This tendency to over-simplify UI everywhere nowadays really disgusts me =)[/citation]

A complex UI where it is not needed is even worse. We are talking about a browser. Basically, a browser works its magic in the background, allowing you to visit other content. There's no reason why it should have a complex UI as long as the features are there in the background. And let's face it, Chrome has all the features it needs.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]doctorpink[/nom]FF4 can`t handle cityville ( flash) as well as chrome...for general browsing... its OPERA for me...ie9 is so unstable....[/citation]
sorry to burst your bubble but chrome is even worse when it comes to games on facebook

G

WRT commandline switch for private browsing mode in firefox, simultaneous to your main session...
why not use -no-remote -P private_browsing_profile

?

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]A complex UI where it is not needed is even worse. We are talking about a browser. Basically, a browser works its magic in the background, allowing you to visit other content. There's no reason why it should have a complex UI as long as the features are there in the background. And let's face it, Chrome has all the features it needs.[/citation]
I wouldn't call having to hunt for a command not complex like you do on Chrome. I use it often but, trying to figure out how to do some things in it is totally frustrating at times. Clearly labeled buttons and menus are easier for me to find things in than trying to figure out if I have right clicked in the proper spot to do what I want.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The program has outlived its usefulness. Adoption rates for Firefox has flattened. Plus, Mozilla seems just incapable of developing fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.