Mozilla Shows Off Awesome Smartphone Concept

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Interesting, not the first concept like this one.
portable projectors which can be integrated into a phone already exists.
a keyboard like this one allready exists too.

question: does it support windows phone 7? ;)
or is it a brand new OS not compatible with the world?

evillman

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
To the guy that wrote "If Mozilla gave me that phone, I wouldn't mind them ruling as Mozilla overlords...Google, I'm sorry, but Mozilla would beat you with this phone"
This phone is using android. Haha

G

the concept is awesome.though it says wireless charging but then the option wont be available in all the countries so i will add to it that either battery should also have options of a liquid fuel cell(just replace the fuel cell when out of charge) or instant charge one(charges the full battery in under 5 minutes ) along with solar panels(research on printed solar panel going on and could be a possibility soon) in the rear of the phone because with its features it would certainly be a battery hogger and would require max charging and multiple charging options possible at all times.also i would like to add that it should have android os since it seems to be the next big thing compatible with pretty much anything and also with that cloud browsing can be added too because we would certainly not require features/softwares hogging battery which can be used in cloud.also noise cancellation can be added which somehow most manufacturers seem to ignore.also for business users a optional retina scanner/facial scanner security service can be given for keeping confidential data secure on the cloud/company servers.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
It doesn't look too bad for a concept. Interesting to see how all the features worked if it was built though.

I don't want it though - smartphones just aren't sturdy enough for my line of work.

Some pretty neat ideas/concepts in there though.

Ditanium

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Honestly Brilliant! I have been waiting a long time for a reputable company to finally utilize their talents and put a small portion of their revenue stream into concept design for other companies(or their own if they see fit). Combined with the huge increase in Android! community involvement and development of the core operating system and peripherals; and exponential increase in processing power, IR technology, screen clarity and power usage, battery technology(high density Li Batteries, crazy stuff g00gle it), and less we forget the ridiculous increase in storage space.

The tech is here right now as well, too bad most companies may see manufacturing such a phone a massive gamble due to the amount of revenue it would take to develop and support a phone like that. Some day, email me for q&a Ben.gronvall@gmail.com

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Pointless. Why not just show us something from a Star Wars movie? Maybe something with a hologram or interplanetary range? Concepts are a dime a dozen, they just don't all have the benefit of a cool computer generated video.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Can a phone have enough power to project images such as depicted in this video?

I was very weary about this concept, but now I'm impressed.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Billy Mays here for the Seabird phone. Even though I'm dead, I can use this fantastic phone, and its just so easy! Just 19.95, call now!

G

apple is going to steal the idea and patent it. Apple fanboys will go wow and keep worshiping Mr. Job as God.

Status
Not open for further replies.