Mozilla Wlready Working on Firefox 4.0.1 Update

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Ah yes, once again, as I continue to point out, I knew this was a Douglas Perry article. This guy absolutely should not be a *paid* writer.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Nobody cares that someone makes a typo. All of us do every now and then and chances are there are a few typos in this very post, given English is my third language.However, Tom's Hardware and related sites claim to be professional sites with paid staff members. That gives us, the customers, the right to expect a basic grasp of proper journalism. Sensational headlines and typos don't really qualify as good journalism. Plus, in an era of spell checking, such basic typos are unacceptable in a news article.[/citation]

Just because someone is paid, does not mean, in any way, shape or form, that they must be perfect. And claiming that articles with typos don't qualify as good journalism, is news to me. Is it annoying? Yes. Would I like to see it not happen? Yes. Do I come here commenting like I am an expert on journalism and berate(directly or indirectly) someone who is just doing their job? Abolutely not.

Despite what people may or may not think, you do not have the right to expect anything, from anyone, when you are not paying for something. Someone else is paying for this site.. Not you, not me, not anyone who comes to this site for news and/or entertainment. The writers write articles based on what Tom's (the company) expects out of them, and Tom's conducts business, and has expectations of it's paid writers, based on a multitude of things, clicks being a major player in that. When Tom's works for you, blast away people. Until then, stop it. It's childish. Just point out the error in a friendly, helpful manner. Sugar people.. Not vinegar.

To conclude.. You are a click. Your imagined rights do not apply.

(But feel free to direct yourself to the nearest Apple article to vent your blind anger ;P)

Status
Not open for further replies.