MP3 player only shows all songs through car

peebee

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Hi,

I have recently bought a Sony MP3 player and uploaded a load of songs, when I click through the menu only around 8 albums come up, I thought maybe it ran out of storage (4gb). But when I plug it into my cars system everything that I put into the player comes up on my cars computer screen and I can play it all.

For what reason can't I play it all just through the MP3 player with headphones?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You are a little english incoherent but I translate.

Car audio systems do not necessarily interface your portable MP3 "nicely." Often, the car audio system relies on an old interface method when they "talked" to an 8-disc changer, hence the 8 album.

I suggest, don't use the car's display and control, rather, just use it as a dumb amplifier and control and display from your portable.

There is no way to do it from your car stereo? Probably not. As usual you didn't disclose what exactly MP3 player.

peebee

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
The problem is not that I can't play through the car. The problem is that it works fine through the car (all songs show up). The problem is when I play the MP3 player on its own with headphones.. only half of the artists are there for me to select.

It's a Sony 4GB MP3 Walkman NWZB183B

Cheers.