Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Situation:
I have recorded a video using time-shift on Action!. I have multi-channel option seleted but the only output format I can have is mp4. In theory, the mp4 files continues two channels. The system sounds audio, and the microphone audio. I want to split these two channels using 'AudioSplitter.exe' so i can remove background noise from the microphone channel. However, I cannot do this with an mp4 format, and when I convert it to AVI format (.WAV), the multi-channel feature seems to be lost.

Question:
Is there a program that can convert MP4 files to AVI without losing the multi-channel, or is there some other workaround I can use for time-shifted videos?

Thanks!
- Ben

Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

So does "Format Factory" keep the multi-channel feature? I would most likely be using Action! and I have tried "Free Video to MP3 Converter". I also use Audacity to edit the audio files (removing background noise) however I could change that.

Audacity is quite good. My daughter uses it for her sound/music work. As far as I know Format Factory should allow for it. The option is in the Video Settings.

6kMk9J7.jpg

Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Okay so what setting do I want it to be on and do I convert it to WAV or AVI format???

Well, were it me, I would try both AVI and WAV and see which works better, and which has a smaller file. :) Always a factor for me. In regard to settings, it is going to depend on which you are seeking to keep 1-2-4-or-6 channels. I thought you said 2 in the original post. So I would start there.

Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016

Okay but I think game audio is in stereo which is 2 channels if I am not mistaken. Does this mean I should use 4 channels in conversion???