MPAA Threatens to Cut Google from Internet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dl100

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Google, just buy the damn studios already and be done with all this BS, including the constant hassle you have to go through to remove their copyrighted crap content from YouTube

frederico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
every single poster.. myself included .. hate the MPAA

but

but

if you pirate something, then you are breaking the law. And as much as we all hate the MPAA they could prosecute any one of us. Having a pirated game, film, or song on your harddrive is illegal, its the same as having a pirated copy of windows. Any judge in the world can class it as stolen. We just all do it anyway and hope theres safety in numbers. We can all be as mad as we want with the MPAA (because they are scumbags) but they have the law on their side

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
google vs MPAA... Anonymous may have something to say about that... MPAA going to have a lot of trouble on there hands and i mean a lot...

G

HAHAHA not laughed so hard for a long time, oohh bet google are shaking in their shoes LOL.

STUPID STUPID STUPID, Google IS basically the internet LOL.

G

Real easy way for Google to fight back - remove the MPAA associated content from their search engine. The MPAA will make nice REAL quick.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
hey anon... i know you've got alot going on your plates but the assaults on the mpaa made me happy please when you get a chance get back to that (at your earliest convenience of coarse) kthnx :D

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
"TorrentFreak reports that MPAA-affiliated movie studios have threatened to disconnect Google from the Internet after discovering Google employees downloading movies via BitTorrent."

HAAAAAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

as if ANYONE can take down Skynet....I meant Google....

zepho

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
MPAA is an aged organisation that has no place in today's world. They state ridiculous fallacies, threaten everyone and their dog with prosecution, while doing nothing good at all for the people they claim to represent. That is all...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Gigahertz20[/nom]What are Google employees doing downloading movies? With the good paying jobs they have, they shouldn't be risking it to download a movie while at work on the company network.[/citation]

Not only that...the Green Hornet? Seriously...If I had to put my job on the line over downloading a movie the Green Hornet would be somewhere near the absolute bottom.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
These include not only the actions conducted by Headquarter employees, but IP addresses to those who use Google's free Wi-Fi hotspot service in various cities.
Hmm... let's make some chaos. Everyone go to Starbucks and download some high-profile movie torrents. All their internet is AT&T. Maybe that'll get AT&T removed from the Internet. OR the MPAA could realize that they're being run by absolute idiots, who are more guilty of extortion than anyone is of copyright infringement.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
The top dogs at the MPAA are just dumb, plain and massively dumb. They can't comprehend what the Internet is about, because they're used to rip off people and they can't do that over the Internet.

I know piracy is a real problem for earning money, that's a fact, no discussion there, but they're just doing the selling of content WRONG and they won't admit that. They could be making money improving digital distribution and lowering costs. But noooooo, they have to rip off people cause it's their favorite sport.

Cheers!

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
considering legal movies with drm like the hurt locker won't play on dvd players, if there is a cracked drm free version of the movie downloadable on the internet i'd say the mpaa can go f'themselves.
i think everyone who has one of these locked drm movies and can't play it on their dvd players should band together and sue the f' out of the mpaa until the mpaa can no longer financially exist!

G

Google should filter out every search to every product the MPAA has interest in let them see how there business does.

G

if that were the case i think the MPAA should threaten to cut Comcast off from the internet, cause im pretty sure there is significantly more torrent dl on Comcast then Google

on another note, you must a whole new level of daft if you think you can dl torrents on Google corporate network and not have them know about it, (although if i were to hazard a guess i think a quick look into HR, accountancy and upper management would reveal the main bulk of offenders), if your a tech working for Google and down loading torrents you either damn sure of your skills as to not get caught or do not deserve to work for Google

Status
Not open for further replies.