MPAA Threatens to Cut Google from Internet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
The MAFIAA and their lawyers are completely daft if they think it's possible to disconnect Google from the internet. Data centers world wide, more bandwidth than anyone, more connections and interconnects than anyone. Might as well try to disconnect our solar system from the Milky Way galaxy.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]frederico[/nom]every single poster.. myself included .. hate the MPAAbutbutif you pirate something, then you are breaking the law. And as much as we all hate the MPAA they could prosecute any one of us. Having a pirated game, film, or song on your harddrive is illegal, its the same as having a pirated copy of windows. Any judge in the world can class it as stolen. We just all do it anyway and hope theres safety in numbers. We can all be as mad as we want with the MPAA (because they are scumbags) but they have the law on their side[/citation]

We have the pitchforks and the ropes on our side.

G

I don't understand why the action would be to disconnect Google rather than the offending torrent and file sharing sites.

Shut down Google and maybe you stop 1% of movie piracy. Shut down some high profile file sharing sites and you might knock off 50%+. One makes sense and the other is virtually the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.