msi afterburner showing abnormal behavior

Dhanur

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
msi afterburner showing abnormal behavior
please check the link below.
http://postimg.org/image/diz3akffr/

Solution
So it looks as if Afterburner is the issue since GPU-Z doesn't show the sensor jumping up and down. The reason I had you check with GPU-Z was to verify it wasn't a faulty sensor.

At this point I'm not sure what to tell you. I know that there is a level of support for mobile nVidia GPU's built into Afterburner, but I don't know how inclusive that support is.

If you really need an answer, I know the developer spends a lot of time over at the forms at Guru3D. He has a support thread there, you could query him and post the image. Just be careful how you word your question, he can be sort of touchy.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
What graphics card do you have? Do you have any other GPU monitoring software open at the same time? Having more than one application polling the graphics card at the same time can cause problems.

Dhanur

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014

lenovo y50-70 with gtx 860m.
no, no other app is running.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
Are you running the latest version? Have you done a complete uninstall / reinstall of Afterburner? By complete, I mean when it asks you if you want to keep your custom setting, you answer 'no' so everything is deleted when you do an uninstall.

Dhanur

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014

Yes, I tried it multiple times.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
It's not 100% clear, but from what I'm seeing it looks as if your temperature is toggling between 43C and 0, is this correct?

Do you see the same behaviour in GPU-Z sensor monitor? If you try this, make sure you close Afterburner down in the system tray.

Dhanur

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014

http://postimg.org/image/8w619vzsl/

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
So it looks as if Afterburner is the issue since GPU-Z doesn't show the sensor jumping up and down. The reason I had you check with GPU-Z was to verify it wasn't a faulty sensor.

At this point I'm not sure what to tell you. I know that there is a level of support for mobile nVidia GPU's built into Afterburner, but I don't know how inclusive that support is.

If you really need an answer, I know the developer spends a lot of time over at the forms at Guru3D. He has a support thread there, you could query him and post the image. Just be careful how you word your question, he can be sort of touchy.

Solution