MSI Afterburner stops working after a while

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Ok I've been using MSI Afterburner for in game monitoring and some recording and for some reason after maybe a 20min to a half hour or so, it would all of the sudden stop working and would get a error window that says program has stopped working, check online for solution or close program.
My MSI and GPU drivers are up to date. If anybody else is familiar with this, please let me know what the solution for this problem is please???

clutchc

Distinguished
It depends on where the pgm stores the data for your OC and how thorough the uninstall pgm is. But that's no big deal. Just record your changes and re-enter them. In fact, I'd uninstall, re-boot, then run CCleaner again to have it clean up any crap left behind. Then install a fresh copy of MSI AB.

Bigj73nsb

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Just did a full uninstall with IObit uninstaller which wipes all the folders that Windows misses out on and ran CC cleaner. Still having problems with Afterburner stopping. I'm starting to think there might be a conflict with another program I have installed. The thing is trying to figure out what program is having the conflict??
http://prntscr.com/542pc1

clutchc

Distinguished

You have all that running in the background?! Holy crap. Yeah, I'd say you have a software conflict. Wow.

(or are those just shortcuts on your desktop?)

clutchc

Distinguished

Didn't quite follow the logic there, but happy the issue is resolved.