Question MSI delta 15 CPU fan running constantly when Charging

Apr 28, 2022
Got this MSI delta 15 laptop AMD advantage edition.
The laptop is good. In battery, the CPU temperature is hovering 47-53 C and fans are at complete stop all the time. When I plug in , the CPU temperature rises above 55C and then fans start to ramp up to 3000rpm. The CPU temp falls back to 49C and fans stop. Within 1 minute CPU temp go back to 55 and fans start again. I am doing light tasks such as browsing and editing documents. CPU usage is 5%-10% all the time.
I tried to use passive cooling, disabling turbo booster but same thing happens. Used silent battery mode fromm MSI center, customized fans speed to lowest value and same thing happens. Is there any way to make the laptop go silent while charging also. It is annoying at work environment.
TLDR- Fans silent in battery but quite Noisy while plugged in (CPU gets hot and fans startup).

Apr 28, 2022
I recommend checking what options there are on your BIOS. Most modern computers have different fan options such as a silent mode.
Thank you. Will look at that. It is more like CPU getting more heat during plugged in. Just wondering there is a way to make CPU run in same speed in battery and charge in condition.

Reactions: mrmike16

mrmike16

Honorable
Thank you. Will look at that. It is more like CPU getting more heat during plugged in. Just wondering there is a way to make CPU run in same speed in battery and charge in condition.
Do you see that the speed of the CPU is changing?
You can also check the Windows Power Plans - The battery and plugged in plans are not the same by default.
But normally the battery heats up more when plugged in - That could also be triggering the fans.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022

When laptops are unplugged the CPU will throttle, which reduces the heat output and power usage.

When it's plugged in, the fan kicks in because the CPU is no longer throttling to save power, thus generating more heat.

This behavior is intentional. You can try editing a power plan to set the max CPU state, and you may also be able to disable Turbo Boost if you're using an Intel machine by going into the BIOS settings.