Nov 26, 2017
Im having cpu fan problem with my msi gp62 6qf. I know how to replace the fan, my question is, are all msi fan laptops the same? I found a fan on msi ge60 its just that im not sure if its compatible with mine

Solution
problem solved. i know a lot of msi gaming laptop users experience this. i troubleshooted the cpu fan several times. its fan is not consistently rotating in the middle. i compared this to the gpu fan on the other side which works perfectly fine. its like the fan blade itself, hinged in the rotor is loosen, so once it rotates, it not just rotating horizontally, but slightly vertically as well, thats how the fan blade hits the upper and lower end of the fan case.

looking for a replacement is quite simple, open your laptop (just youtube this), no need to detach all, just the fans. then look for the sticker attached in the fan. in my case PAAD06015SL 0.55A 5VDC N318.

search PAAD06015SL N318 (note that N318 is for GP62 6QF) in google then...
Nov 26, 2017
problem solved. i know a lot of msi gaming laptop users experience this. i troubleshooted the cpu fan several times. its fan is not consistently rotating in the middle. i compared this to the gpu fan on the other side which works perfectly fine. its like the fan blade itself, hinged in the rotor is loosen, so once it rotates, it not just rotating horizontally, but slightly vertically as well, thats how the fan blade hits the upper and lower end of the fan case.

looking for a replacement is quite simple, open your laptop (just youtube this), no need to detach all, just the fans. then look for the sticker attached in the fan. in my case PAAD06015SL 0.55A 5VDC N318.

search PAAD06015SL N318 (note that N318 is for GP62 6QF) in google then look for the cheapest price! mine cost 28 USD on ebay and about a month to arrive.

i hope this helps!

Solution