MSI FX600 Lightweight Multimedia Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
You have to go up to business-class machines to fully compete with the macbook pros, and that brings the pricing closer together. The Dell Latitude E6500, Lenovo W series, and HP probooks are the ones to compare with Apple.

In particular if you compare the Dell E6500 you can get a very close comparison since it has a very nice keyboard, all metal case, and sometimes the exact same LCD panel as used in the MBP.

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Rolled[/nom]Still better to look for a deal[/citation]

The Dell Studio 15 line is very similar to the FX600. In fact, if you don't mind sacrificing the nVidia GT325m for strictly the Intel integrated graphics, you can save a bit of money going with the Dell.

jamesyireland

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
I have to say with regards to the last point concerning the FX600's spacing between pixels that it really is quite bad. It's very noticeable in my opinion even when you watch it from a few feet away it really looks like theres something wrong with the pixels. Very 'blocky' lookin. There is a full HD upgrade available according to MSI's website and some of the latter versions of this laptop with the Core I5 are sold with 1920 x 1080 Full HD apparently. Screentekinc sell them from what I found online. http://www.screentekinc.com/MSI_FX600--15.6-inch--1920x1080-full-hd-laptop-lcd-screen.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.