MSI GE 70 apache pro vs ASUS ROG G750JM

edsel88

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Cant decide which one to get :(
I heard that the GE70 gets really hot really fast especially when gaming but is that really alarming?
I mean does it affect the hardware life? or performance of the laptop in the long run??

I would get the ASUS because of its superior cooling system but its 10 pounds
the MSI is 6 pounds.

I'm not much of a hardcore gamer and i plan to use my laptop a lot "ON THE GO"
(probably places where I would lay the laptop on my lap if there were no tables)
so maybe 10 pounds is a little to heavy??
I need an opinion of someone who uses a 10 pound laptop and travels a lot :)

Also I heard that ASUS ROG G750JM has superior battery life compared to the MSI GE70 Apache Pro
is this true? And by how much?
I saw in a review that the battery life of the GE70Apache Pro is around 3 hours when browsing websites etc.
also I wont be playing that much gpu/cpu intensive games on the go ... so battery life when not gaming (surfing/typing) is important to me (2-3hrs is fine)

P.S I saw in an earlier thread that ROG G750JM has a slower HDD than the GE70 Apache Pro but from where I'm buying they both have 1tb 7200RPM HDD

Plusthinking Iq

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
the msi have dropped the ball on gaming laptops recently, asus have gotten better.
only buy if you see good reviews and make sure you dont get into any problems, i heard of people having lots of problem with the msi but check out for yourself.
the biggest problem with msi is noise and damaged parts with heat.

edsel88

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

Yes, I see that the ASUS is clearly better buildwise but the weight is really bothering me. Especially since I move around a lot.