MSI GE70 (2013 model) Stuck In BIOS

Taciturnt

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello,

After installing Windows 10 on my computer, I periodically got blue screens, usually weekly. It got so bad up to the point where I had to wipe my computer and revert back to Windows 8. I also attempted to mount a Windows 8.1 Pro image onto the C drive so that I could use a better version of Windows 8, but unfortunately that failed miserably because some file was missing and my computer was forced back into Windows 8 multiple times. I've been having windows 8 for a good amount of time now (3 weeks maybe?) and everything seemed to be perfectly fine. I did notice that whenever I booted my computer up from sleep, before the login screen, it said "computer needs to restart today in order to install updates". I ignored the message because it never really prompted me to do so. So then today I finally restarted my computer and lo and behold I was brought to the "Launching Auto Repair" loop of joy. After displaying that the computer would bring up a blue screen saying that the computer failed to boot from an image and a HAL.dll file was either missing or corrupt. It let me press F8 to go to boot settings but none of those helped, so then I tried restarting. I ended up in the computer BIOS (Aptio Setup Utility) and after tweaking one setting and rebooting my computer in attempts to resolve the problem, the keyboard is now unresponsive. I cannot move or do anything in the BIOS and I am stuck and sad. Please help and thank you.

Solution
remove main battery from laptop & disconnect power adapter from laptop. hold down the power button for 20 count. re-install battery & powerup.