ROLHISHIOUS

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014
Hi,

I was wondering, how many people are playing with a gtx 860m here?
I tested this Laptop with MGSV The Phantom Pain and Rocket League.
I get a lot of FPS drops even with the lowest settings and resolutions on both games.
Like from 60 to 38 constantly making the game to break a lot and slow gameplay.

Does this happen to you guys or its just me?
I already made all the possible choices in nvidia control panel (like put the Phys to the Nvidia card, but has Nvida processor card and not default, add the game to run has the nvidia card and not default)
Already disabled battery boost on nvidia experience.
I dont have my battery on the laptop its always plugged in with the cable.
Its not on energy saving in the control panel on windows, its on high performance.
Its has all the new drivers to everything.
Updated my BIOS from the MSI website, ran the game, still the same thing.
Tested to overclock the card, changes nothing.
The laptop has Windows 10 and has been formarted 2 days ago with windows 8.1 and updated to Windows 10
It only has Steam, Skype and 2 games installed (MGSV and Rocket League), and ofc all the drivers needed.
Also run the Unreal Benchmark 4.0 at the end of the benchmark these are the results:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

I see lots of people with 660m cards and 860m has me playing MGSV TPP at high settings 1080p 60fps no drops, ive seen it in from of me (2 friends of mine) and i cant do it even at 1080p very low settings.
Im going crazy with it. HELP!!!

I'm not a gamer at all, but I just ran Unigine Benchmark 4.0 (same thing you ran?) at the default settings on the laptop in my sig (GTX 870m), and fared even worse:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Not sure what to think.

P.S. My high temp was 68 degrees C.

Hazardddd

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Hey, I know this thread is a bit old, but I am playing on a GTX850m and I have been getting fps drops in games I used to play at 60 fps solid. Rocket League is an example. I thought formatting would help but it didn't. In fact, I think it made it worse. Minecraft, Assassin's Creed Rogue, CS:GO, FIFA 16. All games I used to run at 60 fps, high graphics. Now, Medium/Low graphics and I am getting 30-60 fps with constant breaks. Please, if you have got any solution, answer me. Thanks!

Specs
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 850m
RAM: 8 GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-4200H CPU 2.80GHz

My pc is an MSI Ge60 2PC Apache.