Question MSI GF65 internal display not working

May 1, 2022
Hi, my laptop had fan issues prior, and once I was able to replace it, my internal display would no longer work. Upon realizing that my laptop does not detect the internal display, I had the unit taken to a local repair shop for diagnosis and their technician had diagnosed a problem with the voltage near the display adapter. He also described some heat (?) on the laptop’s south bridge after touching it. My laptop has been mostly used on an external display, and it still works perfectly fine performance-wise. Despite this I do still need to use this laptop outside my current setup, so I will have to have it repaired. Are there any guides in repairing this display issue myself or anything I should say to the people willing to service my laptop in order to fix the issue?

Thanks

The only thing you could try yourself is checking the video cable, if it sits correctly in the slot, replacing the video cable with a new one or replacing the LCD panel. Eventually replacing the hole motherboard.
All other repairing options like troubleshootig and replacing SMD comonents on the motherboard would need a highly professional technician.

May 1, 2022
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, the video cable seems to lock firmly in place which probably means the issue isn't there. I'll likely hire another technician.