MSI GS60 Ghost Black Screen After Logging In and Clicking an App

Omgitzken

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi guys. My laptop recently started having this problem and I do not know why. I have windows 10 if that matters. When I turn on my laptop and log in successfully, everything is completely fine, but when I click on Google Chrome or any other applications the screen turns black but is still on. I can't not see my cursor and can not doing anything while at this stage. I always have to force shutdown. However, when I put it to sleep, the display comes back on. After relogging, I get onto my desktop page and after a second, it goes back to the black screen, so that's when I force shutdown. I decided to reset my computer and keep the files. Everything was fine until 2 days later, it started happening again. Any ideas on how to fix this annoying problem? I doubt it's a hardware issue because it sometimes works.

Solution
It sounds like you need to run some scans of the system for bad software. That would be my first suggestion.

Try launching the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you definitely have something installed on it that is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" just turn off the device, then, right as you turn it on, repeatedly hit the F8 key until you get the screen to show you your options, including "Safe Mode".
It sounds like you need to run some scans of the system for bad software. That would be my first suggestion.

Try launching the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you definitely have something installed on it that is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" just turn off the device, then, right as you turn it on, repeatedly hit the F8 key until you get the screen to show you your options, including "Safe Mode".

Solution