msi GS73VR 6RF stealth pro getting hot

royercreep

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hello,

I recently purchased a msi GS73VR 6RF stealth pro, but I think the laptop gets to hot.
I use the HWMonitor program, and on just browsing I see that the temperatures are already peaking to 62-65 degrees. Without having played another game, the temperature rises to about 80 degrees after a few hours. Is there anything to do about it? The laptop is just new. Now I have bought a cooling pad for the laptop to be no longer flat on the table to let go some air, but the temperature remains equal to around 63 degrees idle.

And my second problem is that if I want to download something, the wifi + cable goes very slow (cable 1mbps) while all my other devices are running fast.

I would love to hear a solution

Thanks!

Solution

For a gaming system the temps seem fine but if it's new you can contact their support so you feel better about it. Run a game on it and run a stress test like Prime95, see what the temps go up to. I have not checked many gaming systems, but the business laptops I work on get up to about max of 90C under 100% load during Prime95, some 85C depending on how good the heatsink is working once I apply new thermal paste.

For a gaming system the temps seem fine but if it's new you can contact their support so you feel better about it. Run a game on it and run a stress test like Prime95, see what the temps go up to. I have not checked many gaming systems, but the business laptops I work on get up to about max of 90C under 100% load during Prime95, some 85C depending on how good the heatsink is working once I apply new thermal paste.

Solution