MSI GT70 Dragon Edition 2 or GS70 Stealth Pro? (780M vs 870M)

nonnzz98

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
So im going to buy a new laptop for gaming as ive started travelling quite a bit and dont want to chug a heavy desktop+accessories with me all the time. These are the two choices, both will be bought second hand, and will cost the same. Only difference is that the GT70 doesnt have an SSD, while the Stealth Pro has 2x 128GB SSD's in Raid. So I wanted to know which one will suffice me better for gaming over a couple of years?

Solution
GS70 stealth no doubt, double SSD in raid which will offer more capacity and performance. Lighter weight which which will make portability easier, with better looks (subjective)

As for for the GPU, you probably won't see that much of a difference between the 870m and 780m, the 780 could be a higher model but the 870 is a newer generation, In the end I would go for the GS70 stealth blindly, and i actually just ordered the newer 970m version

TalalTango

Estimable
Nov 7, 2014
GS70 stealth no doubt, double SSD in raid which will offer more capacity and performance. Lighter weight which which will make portability easier, with better looks (subjective)

As for for the GPU, you probably won't see that much of a difference between the 870m and 780m, the 780 could be a higher model but the 870 is a newer generation, In the end I would go for the GS70 stealth blindly, and i actually just ordered the newer 970m version

Solution