msi gt72 dominator pro

paulsutton18

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
laptop is ok until i play a game.i hear the fan and it turns off and in have to wait a while before it will turn back on ? updated everything restarted everything and it will stay on all day until you try anything graphically challenging it steam vr test...temperature of cpu and everything not to bad please help

Solution
If the temps are over 70C it is possible they have, over time, caused problems/damage. Turning off like that and needing time to turn back on seems more like temp than anything else.

If it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If not, I would monitor the temps for all aspects/components and see how high they get to when it cuts out. You really don't want to keep running it if the temps are causing the problem as, soon enough, it would fry something and then the device won't run at all until that is fixed. Also some GPUs and CPUs are very sensitive. So even temps lower than most would consider 'high' can cause them to react.
If the temps are over 70C it is possible they have, over time, caused problems/damage. Turning off like that and needing time to turn back on seems more like temp than anything else.

If it is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If not, I would monitor the temps for all aspects/components and see how high they get to when it cuts out. You really don't want to keep running it if the temps are causing the problem as, soon enough, it would fry something and then the device won't run at all until that is fixed. Also some GPUs and CPUs are very sensitive. So even temps lower than most would consider 'high' can cause them to react.

Solution