Question msi gx70 can’t run minecraft

Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone, so I don’t know much about gaming laptops but recently I bought a second hand msi gx70. I was hoping to have an upgrade for games like minecraft and the sims (which are very laggy on my other laptop)

When I try and open minecraft, it says the driver does not support OpenGL. I have updated the drivers. Haven’t even tried The Sims because the download speed is so slow. This could be my internet but I have not had a problem with it before.

Should I be able to run these games no problem? Thanks!

That device should be able to run it, unless there is a problem with the laptop or a problem with your connection.

Check the internet connection first. Just to be sure. If that doesn't have any problems, then I would look at doing a full clean install of Windows on the computer. Since you bought it used, you don't know what else could be on there using up your resources.

Nov 27, 2019
That device should be able to run it, unless there is a problem with the laptop or a problem with your connection.

Check the internet connection first. Just to be sure. If that doesn't have any problems, then I would look at doing a full clean install of Windows on the computer. Since you bought it used, you don't know what else could be on there using up your resources.

thank you, my internet connection is okay and it was fully reset when I bought it. I am resetting it now again just in case. Pity that’s it’s not working because I didn’t want to have to return it, but I just can’t get any games to work. Since my post I have also tried Fortnite which couldn’t install either