MSI GX70 Destroyer vs ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) by Asus

Which one - Please also respond with comments if you choose which one and why..

• MSI GX 70 Destroyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASUS G750JK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

perkynips

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Deciding between these two laptops, I get that Intel and for that matter NVIDIA is probably considered better in the grand scheme of things... HOWEVER!!! I am also looking at performance per $$... is there a good way to look at performance specs for each, and line them up accordingly... secondly, can anyone tell me from first hand what the MSI performs like, and if it's worth my time.

I am fully aware that Intel and the ASUS would probably be a better laptop at the end of the day... but is it $500.00 worth more than it? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G750JX-DB71-17-3-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00COQIKKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392403648&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+rog+g750jx

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GX70-Destroyer-099-A10-5750-7200rpm/dp/B00IEB1MOK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392404066&sr=8-3&keywords=MSI+GX70+Destroyer

UbiWan

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
Abandoning a thread after 7 hours because you're an impatient little twerp makes YOU garbage!

But just in case other people end up on this thread looking for answers.

My advice would be DON'T buy an MSI laptop.

I bought a GX660R when it was brand new out and top of the range and it blew up after two and a half years. So I took it to a repair shop and the tech told me the motherboard had blown and that he couldn't get a replacement from MSI. His advise was to just trash the laptop.

Obviously I was bemused being as it was only 2.5 years old and a high spec. So I contacted MSI and they refused to sell me a motherboard, stating that they had limited stocks and they were keeping them for customers who's laptops were still under warranty!

I literally could not find a motherboard for sale online for it either. So in short, unless you perpetually pay for a warranty you'll be left out in the cold when it comes to parts for an MSI laptop. And MSI don't make many extra motherboards and GPUs for their laptops either.