MSI Laptop Battery/Charger Issues

Feb 16, 2018
So this problem is complicated, I have a MSI GT60 2OD-026US. Recently I have replaced the battery and the charger because my first the battery could not hold a charge longer than a minute and my first AC adapter died on me.

Now my current battery only charges when the charger is placed in exact location and the laptop does not charge when the device is on, it can only charge when the laptop is off. To fix this I thought I would simply get a new charger and I did but the new one doesn't charge it at all, even when the device is off.

I have also tried to move to different areas of my house to charge, thinking it was a power issue, but the issues continue in every area of my house.

I have no clue what to do next so any help would be awesome!

Did you replace the battery and charger with original OEM replacements, or third party ones?

If the former, you might be looking at a faulty main board; sometimes the circuit for the battery does weird stuff. Check the terminals on the board, too, if you can; any damage, corrosion, oxidation (unlikely) will cause problems.

Feb 16, 2018
So they are definitely third party and this is an extremely dumb question, but by check the terminals what do you mean.... I'm kind of a noob when it comes to PC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1