MSI Ti 4200 Driver problem

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
I recently purchased the MSI Ti 4200 - AGP 8x video card w/ 128 MB DDRAM. I am currently using the 4230 driver (beta) and have used the 4107 and 4345 drivers previously. In all of them, the Display Properties screen, MSI Information tab, lists the amount and type of memory as 32 MB SDRAM.

I have emailed MSI a couple of times about this and have not received any answer (it's been a couple of weeks).

Does anyone know how I might fix this problem?

By the way, I am running Windows ME on an Athlon 1.4 GHz (not XP), Biostar M7VIB motherboard, 256 MB DDRAM. Also, the video card BIOS is 4.28.20.05.11.

Any help is appreciated.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Well I check Biostar sight looking for a BIOS update and the only update was to faster XP CPUs. I also check the compatibility list and that hasn’t been updated in awhile since the latest card compatible was a GF3. I’m not really impressed with the Biostar manufactory seeing how it only shows 2 BIOS updates for KT266 chip. How you feel about buying a new mobo? The mobo also doesn’t support 8X, not that you would want to use it anyway. All I can say is make sure you have your settings right in the BIOS for the card is showing 128 or 256, try install some drivers: DX9.0a, VIA 4in1, and get the drivers from Nvidia. If your lucky you’ll get a little boost in your 3DMark. :wink:

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.