Multiple devices total confusion

Mich6101

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014
I have a Panasonic Viera TV THX model, horrible sound. It is connected to a soundbar. I want to be able to listen to the tv with headphones. No jack from tv, I purchased a headohone amp/dac. Also have a cable box. I connected the headphones through the am, put want the sound only through the headphones and it comes through tv when I change the rca to amp (confuising sorry. Should I connect through the Cable box. Is there a a way to hook all this up and hear only through the headphones. I am hearing impaired and need to turn up the volume which is why I only want it through the headphones, but, be able to switch back to the sound bar when not listening through headphones. Trying to avoid buying receiver. Thank you

Just turn off the soundbar when you use the headphones. Otherwise you need to get a signal splitter and switch between the soundbar and headphones. Your connection is not super clear either, exactly what is connected to what and using what cables and outputs?

They simplest way is to connect the DAC/Headphone amp directly to the cable box. Since the DAC is for stereo you will have to make sure that the digital out is set to 2 channel PCM and not 5.1 channel. Then just leave the TV volume all the way down so the TV speakers don't play and turn on your choice of audio.

Mich6101

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014